Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Alan, In my opinion Saipan is a breed in Asia and is considered an Oriental. In your second post, the pair in the coop looks like American games to me, not even close to a Thai

Alan, In my opinion Saipan is a breed in Asia and is considered an Oriental. In your second post, the pair in the coop looks like American games to me, not even close to a Thai

This pair? The hens are pure regular Greys.They are American.I bought that cock to be a pure Thai,was I shafted? I REALLY like the stags that come out of that pen regardless of what he is.Hasn't been 1 of them whooped in 4 years,problem is they turn game about quail size.Lucky to get 4-5 stags a year..

This pair? The hens are pure regular Greys.They are American.I bought that cock to be a pure Thai,was I shafted? I REALLY like the stags that come out of that pen regardless of what he is.Hasn't been 1 of them whooped in 4 years,problem is they turn game about quail size.Lucky to get 4-5 stags a year..
Yeah that is not a pure Thai.. maybe crossed with Thai but I would guess about a 1/4 or less..

If he is good quality and produces good offspring than he is a keeper, but I wouldn't go around calling him a Thai. I am sure somebody on here has a good Thai stag/cock that can share a picture.

One of these days.............I will have the oriental stag of my dreams. I've been watching this thread and others for a couple years and had my mind set on an oriental much longer than that. Until recently, I simply had far too many birds (layers) to bring a good stag into this area. I've always had space, just not time to devote to a special bird. The right bird would make me a very happy man.

I know it sounds crazy but I will soon 'deal' on what I want.

RON

I have heard some people say that the orientals aren't edible or only fit for soup

. I have some stags here that are getting to the penning stage and not quite making the cut and I've been slowly working them in the freezer. Tried a few in the oven. Delectable I tell you. You just have to remember and age them a little in the fridge, they are 5 month old not 8 week old broiler chickens. Check out this little butterball, 1/4 American Game 1/4 Ga Noi. 1/2 Asil. Nice carcass for a bird that has been rummaging around in the pasture and catching bugs.

I have heard some people say that the orientals aren't edible or only fit for soup

. I have some stags here that are getting to the penning stage and not quite making the cut and I've been slowly working them in the freezer. Tried a few in the oven. Delectable I tell you. You just have to remember and age them a little in the fridge, they are 5 month old not 8 week old broiler chickens. Check out this little butterball, 1/4 American Game 1/4 Ga Noi. 1/2 Asil. Nice carcass for a bird that has been rummaging around in the pasture and catching bugs.

I'd gladly have a go at one of 'em!

Back
Top Bottom