Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Here is a picture of one of my fibromelanistic "Orientals." He is about 6 months old. He is squatted down so you can't see his legs. Sorry. His color is Dun Red (not sure of the E-locus)
IMG_3365.jpg

Quote:
he looks cool mine looks sorta like that except for the comb is a little loppy and he is golden duck wing i think

Last edited:
Quote:
I love it
when I can pick it up.J/K
here is one of mine he is going back to his daughters from a shamo cross
59337_wp_000292.jpg

satsumadori project video

Last edited:
Come on, ya'll! This thread is kinda dying out. Where's the pics of all those orientals I know you guys have? Saladin, fowlafoot, prairiechicken, they've hardly shown their faces on this thread, and they have some of the best orientals I've seen. Yet they haven't posted pics!
hu.gif
Come on, folks!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I love it
when I can pick it up.J/K
here is one of mine he is going back to his daughters from a shamo crosshttps://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59337_wp_000292.jpg

satsumadori project video

Great cock! How'd you get those golden saddle feathers into his genes? I assume it's something he inherited from his Shamo ancestry?

I assume that is from the shamos .
his mom was solid white and his dad was solid black.
Some of his brothers had some silver

Quote:
Great cock! How'd you get those golden saddle feathers into his genes? I assume it's something he inherited from his Shamo ancestry?

I assume that is from the shamos .
his mom was solid white and his dad was solid black.
Some of his brothers had some silver

On the golden saddles- Most likely the mother is red under the white. Recessive white hides red really well, plus, a hen always hides red better than a cock, in solid black or solid white. The black father is silver under the black, many black breeds are silver, as it helps eliminate the red leakage in the males. When you cross a silver bird with a red bird, you get "golden" males. Like a golden duckwing, etc. I'm surprised the bird pictured does not have golden in the hackle as well.

Back
Top Bottom