Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Quote:

I guess I missed yearbook too........lol...newsletter/yearbook......it's all the same today. I'm still tired from the trip and still taking care of emails so, I'm losing some accuracy in my posts. What page of the yearbook has the white Shamo Tom.

Walt

Anyone know of anyone selling hatching eggs for either Thai's, Shamo's or Asil's. I have ordered a few sets of eggs from ebay and it seems like no one on there knows how to ship eggs. They don't have to be from amazing stock, mainly just looking to get some from someone that actually understands how to pack eggs for shipping.

Quote:
Tough time of year to find eggs in those breeds. Most hens slow down or stop laying when the weather gets cool and the days shorten. Saladin may know someone who still has eggs. Good luck to ya........Pop

Pop is right. No eggs now. Even fi you could find them you wouldn't want them. In the South, Orientals will start laying at Christmas. But don't look to buy eggs then because everyone I know hatches what they want first then sells eggs; if they sell eggs at all.

Don't buy Oriental eggs on ebay; you are wasting your time and your money. Buy them from a known breeder. If you don't know any then just ask Pop, pc, Walt, cuda, or myself. We'll point you in the right direction based on the breed you desire. Save your money until late winter/spring.

Quote:
Tough time of year to find eggs in those breeds. Most hens slow down or stop laying when the weather gets cool and the days shorten. Saladin may know someone who still has eggs. Good luck to ya........Pop

Pop is right. No eggs now. Even fi you could find them you wouldn't want them. In the South, Orientals will start laying at Christmas. But don't look to buy eggs then because everyone I know hatches what they want first then sells eggs; if they sell eggs at all.

Don't buy Oriental eggs on ebay; you are wasting your time and your money. Buy them from a known breeder. If you don't know any then just ask Pop, pc, Walt, cuda, or myself. We'll point you in the right direction based on the breed you desire. Save your money until late winter/spring.

Thanks for the tips. I'll look around in a few months. Getting tired of the ebay stuff. Yesterday I just received 18 eggs that were shipped to be in a shoebox with almost no padding in the box. Amazing only 2 broke, but the rest are scrambled. I only ended up with 2 chicks out of my last set of eggs dozen eggs. They are nice looking chicks but not worth the $50 the dozen eggs cost me.

I am mainly looking for Thai's. Do you know of a good breeder to contact, or do you work with Thai's?

I think you'd be better off buying birds forget about the eggs
wink.png

I don't care for shipped eggs you never know what your gonna get. There's just way too many things that goes wrong with shipping eggs, they could be crossed up for all you know.

Oriental fowl don't lay much and what they do is pretty valuable to the breeder
Most good breeders don't sell eggs.

Could be a potential champ developing in those eggs ya never know?

If hatching eggs is what you want I do believe that PC and Shamoman sell eggs
wink.png

Quote:
I have a guy that's suppose to be coming in town to buy some birds from me.
I believe he is trying to sell some of his Thai. I'll ask him if he has any left and if he ships.

Let me know if interested ill get you his number

Quote:

Thanks for the tips. I'll look around in a few months. Getting tired of the ebay stuff. Yesterday I just received 18 eggs that were shipped to be in a shoebox with almost no padding in the box. Amazing only 2 broke, but the rest are scrambled. I only ended up with 2 chicks out of my last set of eggs dozen eggs. They are nice looking chicks but not worth the $50 the dozen eggs cost me.

I am mainly looking for Thai's. Do you know of a good breeder to contact, or do you work with Thai's?

Yes, cuda has at least 2 beautiful Thai hens for sale: $200/each plus shipping.

Standardizing the Black Asil (lg fowl)

Ok, based on the response we can accomplish this with some ease. Here's how:

1. Over the next 2 years there must be 16 Black Asil shown across the US at APA Shows (2C, 2H, 2K, 2P: each year) as a minimium.
2. If showing you will need the judge to fill out a paper telling what you exhibited.
3. I will have these papers.
4. PM me at least 2 weeks before the show you plan to attend with your snailmail address and I will send you the paper.
5. After the show mail the completed form back to me and I will keep up with them.
6. In the fall of 2013 or spring of 2014 we will arrange to have a meet where at least 25 will need to be shown by not less than 5 individuals.

This is do-able.

The cost will be $300. I'll figure out how to come up with that between now and then.

Walt, I will pm you my snailmail. If you would send me one of those documents I can copy it and send it out as requested. Thanks, doc

Back
Top Bottom