Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I have 3 BR cockerels, they hatched out pure white, and a black pullet, that looked like a little black and white cow. Both look exactly like the two you have now.

I have 3 BR cockerels, they hatched out pure white, and a black pullet, that looked like a little black and white cow. Both look exactly like the two you have now.

I have two cocks I'd refer to as black reds, they're bred to Wheaten hens. The offspring that developed/hatched last year (though none made it, predators, power outages from the MS storms/tornadoes, etc) were about 50% solid black and 50% Wheaten. But, I wouldn't be surprised to get crele (one of my hens does show some barring, but since she is wheaten it is hardly noticeable), possibly a grey, or any other color the Jim Zook line throws if I bred enough of them.

God bless,
Daniel.

Do u guys think this is an oriental breed chick. ill post better pics of it once its all fluffy.
it has like no comb

i was given eggs that i was told suppose to be some oriental breed

if u cant tell yet just let me know

ill post better pics later

Thank u
big_smile.png

I also have a Spangled hen along with my Black hen. What colors could I get from these? My favorite color of chickens is Spangled! I wish it was an easy color to achieve!

Nate

I also have a Spangled hen along with my Black hen. What colors could I get from these? My favorite color of chickens is Spangled! I wish it was an easy color to achieve!

Nate
Nice hen, Nate! Glad to see your Shamo project is coming along well. Is the hen broody in this pic?

Spangled is one of my favorite chicken colors, too. Spangled Russian Orloffs and Spangled Old English Games are some of the most beautifully colored birds I know of. After Spangled, I think Light Brown or BBR is my favorite.

~Gresh~

Nate

Nate, in general, spangle X spangle = spangle (be it little or excessive).

Spangle X non-spangle, offspring that don't show spangling or show very little but will carry it and produce spangled offspring in the next generation.

If your cock carries the spangled gene, it is possible you will get some spangles and probably some red fowl. Black X BBred/Wheaten/Black red = Black/black with red leakage or sometimes dark black red fowl if a lot of red leaks through. If the black hen and the cock though carry the spangled gene you may end up with mottled birds (I.E. Black with spangles).. But since they are Oriental games, which are not commonly bred for color.. Out of a black hen X Black red you may end up with spangles, BBred, Wheaten, Blues, greys, etc.. There really is no way to tell what colors may be hidden in the background of the birds until you breed them and the variation in offspring show up.

Nice hen, Nate! Glad to see your Shamo project is coming along well. Is the hen broody in this pic?

Spangled is one of my favorite chicken colors, too. Spangled Russian Orloffs and Spangled Old English Games are some of the most beautifully colored birds I know of. After Spangled, I think Light Brown or BBR is my favorite.

~Gresh~

She is a wanna be Broody for the past 2 days. I might let her hatch but I haven't decided on which breed or eggs to let her be a mother hen to.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom