Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

ty for the compliment! It seems you have quite the experience with oriental gamefowls old*cowboy, is it normal for thai juveniles to be that naked? they look soooo naked when they're taking a dirt bath... and do you have any tips on raising them? I've just been doing it the same as the other chickens i have, but i'm not sure if there are any extra things i need to do for them. Any advice would be appreciated.

L

ty for the compliment! It seems you have quite the experience with oriental gamefowls old*cowboy, is it normal for thai juveniles to be that naked? they look soooo naked when they're taking a dirt bath... and do you have any tips on raising them? I've just been doing it the same as the other chickens i have, but i'm not sure if there are any extra things i need to do for them. Any advice would be appreciated.

L

I have a little experiance with gamefowl, American and Oreintal. But am no where close to being much more than just another struggling chicken man. I will try to anwser any questions I can. There are many on this site that are true masters of the Oreintal fowl. If you ask questions, I am sure somebody on here can get them anwsered. Lots of oreintals are feathered like yours. It is a common trait. Do everything you do for the other chickens as for care, feeding etc. You will find oreintals will start trying to establish a pecking oredr (males and females). You will need to have pens set up that you can seperate them in soon.

Last edited:
Here is a 9 month old stag out of the above cock. His mother was a fiesty little Thai/Hatch hen. If he pans out like I think he will, he will go into a pen with a real nice J. Jumper grey hen. I am excited.

First few nights out in the yard to run, they started roosting in some little bushes that were about 2 feet tall. It was funny to see any where from 5 to 15 setting like a covey of quail on top of these little bushes.

yea... i think i need to separate them as 2 of them got cuts while fighting today when i let them out to run around. Usually it just looks like they spar for fun or something, but today, those 2 were pretty serious so i had to stop them x.x. Do you think it'll get to the point where they're gonna like kill each other? Or is it going to be ok after they figure out their pecking order? When i let them out, it just looks like they're constantly sparring with each other after they're done eating/drinking.

L

Back
Top Bottom