Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Sandy~

That is a neat looking color and, from photos, they seem to have good type. Please dont take offense, BUT I believe the Shamos, including bantams should have pearl eye or very light yellow eyes at most.

Still a neat color!

Sandy~

That is a neat looking color and, from photos, they seem to have good type. Please dont take offense, BUT I believe the Shamos, including bantams should have pearl eye or very light yellow eyes at most.

Still a neat color!
Looks like what I'd call a gold eye, most Shamo chicks have them and lose them with age in my experience/reading. But, some don't always; from my understanding those are acceptable as well, pearl is just preferred over them. Red is the color that shows up in a lot of Orientals but shouldn't by most breeders opinions I have spoken with.

Hey fellow chicken folk. I just started reading the thread. I want to comment on Ideal's Black Thais. Below is a pic of the biggest chick sent at about 10 months old, Feb 2011. At the same age I had some of Cackle's beautiful Black Sumatras. Of which I still have. I think the Thais have Sumatra blood in them. I have pics of his multiple knots. I sold the Thais last year. He was a big thick beautiful bird. lots of feathering.

LL

Asil breeders, what do you think of my (prized) rooster, 'Dude'? He's a real sweetheart. I've had him for a few weeks now, he should be nearing a year soon. Came from a really nice breeder down in Houston who gave him to my uncle to give to me.

'Dude' - as he has been dubbed - in the fly pen today.

Dude in the scratch pen the day I acquired him ( about six weeks ago )

He currently weighs in at just around six pounds.

Hey fellow chicken folk. I just started reading the thread. I want to comment on Ideal's Black Thais. Below is a pic of the biggest chick sent at about 10 months old, Feb 2011. At the same age I had some of Cackle's beautiful Black Sumatras. Of which I still have. I think the Thais have Sumatra blood in them. I have pics of his multiple knots. I sold the Thais last year. He was a big thick beautiful bird. lots of feathering.

LL
Nate, those Sumatras don't look bad at all, but that Thai ain't even close. Aside from the heavy feathering and wattles, the white ears would suggest something else in his breeding besides Sumatra.........Pop

This may be why he was a give-away. I'm still fond/proud of him. The possible mixes are a long list knowing the birds that this man has... Any ideas? I was SO hoping for a pure roo, but I have a half hen I can throw in with him for now...

orum, "dude" is at least half of something besides Asil. The tail and heavy feathering are givaways. He looks about half American game, of some description..........Pop

Dude is most likely an AG x Asil grade, definitely not pure Asil. It actually looks more like a Jap grade to me than an Asil too. It depends on what you want out of the bird on what to breed him to.

Sandy~

Still a neat color!
None Taken am always looking for comments and ways to improve my birds, the older ones I have have the pear and light yellow eyes .

I just started getting into Orientals. I would like a good starter bird, something to move off of. So far, I am still absolutely in love no matter what he is. For a game type, he is very easy to handle and trained quickly on learning to get on the fly roosts for daily inspections.

I've bred, mainly, American Game and I keep thinking to myself he has a LOT of Claret characteristics but I thought I was crazy.

Eventually I would like some purebred birds, and I think I would like to stick with the Asils... Such fantastic colors coming out of the birds I'm seeing just in the forum here!

Back
Top Bottom