Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Old*cowboy had some for sale a while back. He was going in for a major surgery.

Does anyone know how he is?

I think he is in OK.

I had some KO Shamo, but they are all sold. I havent had the surgery yet. They post poned it because of some heart problems. I have been reschedules for later to have the growth taken out of my head (no jokes on this one guys :D)

Good to hear you're still with us!
Even though we are complete strangers, I still worry about you.
Just like I am still crying for Deerman.
Hope all goes well, Roberta

shes young,give her some time to fill out
smile.png

The biggest blackest longcrowing longtailed chicken I can make...

I've had chickens 4-5 years now...this is my first project...I'm learning a lot about genetics...

And as I looked at your pics I heard a long crow! I ilke the sound of a longer crow than of the regular "cock-a-doodle-doo"
But not the over minute long crows! Those are sweet lookin but EVIL sounding! How long do they crow for?
And now I am intregued! At first I thought like the others on this thread, but now I am wondering if I can aquire a stabilized
Hybrid pullet? Not any time soon but in the near future.... I will now follow your progress! Good luck!

Okay guys, so "Dude" is settling in well with his new hen. Going to keep collecting eggs for the fridge from them for another week or so, just until I'm "sure" the RIR x Claret rooster that was covering her no longer has any mini-me's in her system. Put the two of them on the breeder diet and I can barely pick him up on my hand anymore. I'd put him at weighing closer to 9-10 now, but haven't scaled him lately. This will be his first 'breeding' season. Not sure on the mystery shamo looking hen... Swear I will get more pictures as weather allows of these two. Really excited about meaty potential out of these two.

I think I'm starting to see why I was told to 'not mess with that asil rooster' - He's DEFINITELY not pure. He's HUGE! - Going on two and nearing 10 lbs... hate to see him at a mature weight. My Clarets at mature weights are only 6-7 as BIG roosters. Noticeable size difference in Dude and my other roosters. Also, does anyone have pictures of what 'full feathering' vs 'light(?) feathering' - Is the light feathering style of birds those that have no feathers in the chest/under body region? His only 'bare' spot is around his crop and a small patch on his breast bone that never feathers.

Back
Top Bottom