Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I'm having a terrible time getting my Malgache cock to breed. He uses a beakhold that is so painful that the hens run from him. Even the most experienced and cooperative hens will put up a fight. The more they fight him, the stronger his beakhold is. Not one egg has been fertile and he's a year old now. Does anyone have any suggestions other than the stew pot?

I'm having a terrible time getting my Malgache cock to breed. He uses a beakhold that is so painful that the hens run from him. Even the most experienced and cooperative hens will put up a fight. The more they fight him, the stronger his beakhold is. Not one egg has been fertile and he's a year old now. Does anyone have any suggestions other than the stew pot?
Orientals mature slowly. At a year, he's only half way there, even though he probably is fertile. After he matures he should be much better in his bedside maners and treat the ladies with respect and thereby score on a regular basis. This is not unusual for any breed of oriental, but the more exotic, the harder they are to breed. Patience is the key. He probably should be a loner til he matures. I know you have experience with orientals, but Malgache are a little more extreme, if they are close to purebred, which may be a stretch in the US.........Pop

Last edited:
Ish
I love those whites. On a side note: how long does it take a cock to get used to the tether? As a rule...
I tried one on Bogart and I thought he was going to eat his leg off. I want to get him used to it soon.
sharon
Hey Sharon, it all depends on the individual cock/stag most will settle in after a day or two. I normally will keep a close eye on them and rotate the tethered leg more frequently when first on the cord.

Last edited:
its been awhile so im just updating my chicken for ya to see how much they have grown and change over the past months

This is my black ganoi. looks just like his dad, but better.lol

below: the son to the naked blue hen above.

below: just another pic of the one above with a female.

below: It was hot, so I gave him a wash. this is my only smaller ganoi

below: this is one of my blue ganoi, Had to pluck his neck feather so that the new ones can grow back

below: My black hennie ganoi, feather and body are like his mom except for the face

below: this is my Sagion, also gave him a nice wash on a hot day to cool him down

below: I gave this one to my brother, his color blinded me alot

below: This is my brother red thai rooster

below: another red thai rooster of my brother

below: My brother big red thai, This is what happen when you have hens who like eating feather.lol.

below: My sagion/ganoi, He still growing after all this time.

below: 11 chicks. She is not the mom, The chicks were hatch from my better hens and she is just a stepmom.lol

below: got only 6 chicks. These are her chicks. trying to see how the color will come out.

Hey Sharon, it all depends on the individual cock/stag most will settle in after a day or two. I normally will keep a close eye on them and rotate the tethered leg more frequently when first on the cord. 

Well there's the problem then. I wanted to just put him out occasionally in the yard tethered but the rest of the time he is in an enclosed area free to roam. I want the best of both worlds of course. I guess I could put the leg part on without the cord and let him get used to that first.

nice looks like you have plenty to work with good luck with them
thumbsup.gif

Nice fowl everyone! I bought 4 brazilians from gotgame earlier this year and I am getting a trio of O Shamo from pride&joy :D I know alot of you are on ultimate fowl I registered about a week ago and still I havnt got the amail saying I can sign in :(

Rohr's Gamefowl

Back
Top Bottom