Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I have included two head studies of my Ko stags. I hope this will give the viewer a glimpse of the differences in the two lines.

There are a few varities of Ko in Japan but state side, to the best of my knowledge, research and verbal conversations, this are two founding lines on this side of the drink.

Belgium line:
2012-05-07_CBcock_Headstudy.jpg

German line:
2012-05-07_18_WR_Cock_Headstudy.jpg

I have included two head studies of my Ko stags. I hope this will give the viewer a glimpse of the differences in the two lines.

There are a few varities of Ko in Japan but state side, to the best of my knowledge, research and verbal conversations, this are two founding lines on this side of the drink.

Belgium line:

German line:

Is anyone breeding Tuzos? I lost my last hen to a fox a few months ago. They were absolutely fearless and that was their downfall. They would try to take on ANYTHING (except for people). The hen repeatedly challenged my Malgache hen who would ignore her because she was too small to bother with. One day I watched her leap up and get a beak hold onto the Malgache's face. She hung on and went on one wild ride. No doubt she went right up to the fox.

I have been told she was a cobra asil and i have been told she is a viper asil. So which is she lol? And i know that the picture isn't the best becasue she is not standing as straight as i would like her to be she is squatting down. lol

Hi, how do the shamo and thai compare in temperment, laying, size, hardyness ect. I'm thinking about maybe getting one of those breeds.

thanks.
Neither breed is fun for the novice. Neither play well with others. They are not great layers, about one medium sized egg every other day. Both are hardy compared to other barnyard types. The O Shamo is usually 10-12 lbs and the Thai is somewhat smaller, depending on the strain. Males cannot be kept with other males, period........Pop

Neither breed is fun for the novice. Neither play well with others. They are not great layers, about one medium sized egg every other day. Both are hardy compared to other barnyard types. The O Shamo is usually 10-12 lbs and the Thai is somewhat smaller, depending on the strain. Males cannot be kept with other males, period........Pop
Does that include males of other species? I was thinking of getting a pair of shamo. I only would have 3 other chickens besides them (all hens). But I also have a turkey pair, a goose, and quite a few ducks and was wondering if there would be conflicts with them?

If you just have a few chickens as a hobby, and aren't used to dealing with gamefowl, wouldn't recommend them. If you get quality fowl, both the hens and cocks will cause you problems. Also, different breed makes no difference when it comes to fighting problems, especially if penned together where the other bird can't get away from it. The hens can be just as bad as the cocks too.

Back
Top Bottom