Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello all! Advise needed!
I have 23 chickens , and apart from them I have a lonely 4 month old hen, she was a group of 3, but 2 were roosters, and have been rehomed, so how is the best way to introduce her?? I was thinking of adding another hen or 2 with her, and then introducing them as a group, but if I do that, should I try to introduce a pullet her age, or will any hen work?

For my two cents....you need to pull a few of your girls out of the flock and introduce your loner to them first....when those 3/4 are settled you can introduce them all to the flock....adding a single to 20 chooks is not fair to the single bird who will be challenged by every other bird.....my two cents.

For my two cents....you need to pull a few of your girls out of the flock and introduce your loner to them first....when those 3/4 are settled you can introduce them all to the flock....adding a single to 20 chooks is not fair to the single bird who will be challenged by every other bird.....my two cents.

I didn't think of that! 4 of the others are silkies and very docile, the rest are large fowl, should I choose the silkies, or more docile large girls?

I can imagine it would be hard for a chicken losing sight in one eye for the reason you say, but I'm sure he'll adapt if he makes it through the initial trauma.  It sounds like you're doing well with him.  :fl

Do you happen to have a full body picture of your fun colored Orp hen?  She sounds beautiful!  I love Orpingtons--such big, fluffy, pretty birds with the nice single comb--and I've never seen anything like that color before, and it sounds amazing.  I looked up and found chiques chicks, and have been going back through his old posts looking for pics, but haven't found a clear one yet.    

This was the first picture I found in my phone! ROFL... she molten HARD last fall! Lol

I'm sure I have a good one on my computer... will find one later.

This was the first picture I found in my phone! ROFL... she molten HARD last fall! Lol

I'm sure I have a good one on my computer... will find one later.
Ha!
lol.png
Yes, not quite in her full glory there, is she? It's a funny picture, though.
lol.png
I'd love to see her fluffed back up again if you are able to find a picture on your computer later. :)

So we are training with the chooks. He's doing well. I did not discipline him yesterday after the catastrophe because I did not catch him in the act. He also pooped in the dining room, peed in my bedroom and ate a bar of soap (punishing himself?)

We had men working on our fence today. I found it ironic that my adult Pyr (Bella) I kept in with the goats so that she didn't eat the men, and my puppy (Mark) I kept out with the men so he wouldn't eat the goats. LOL

So we are training with the chooks. He's doing well. I did not discipline him yesterday after the catastrophe because I did not catch him in the act. He also pooped in the dining room, peed in my bedroom and ate a bar of soap (punishing himself?)

We had men working on our fence today. I found it ironic that my adult Pyr (Bella) I kept in with the goats so that she didn't eat the men, and my puppy (Mark) I kept out with the men so he wouldn't eat the goats. LOL
yuckyuck.gif

I just hope it wasn't Lifeboy soap! It doesn't have that nice, piquant after-dinner flavor of Palmolive - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. And we don't want Mark going blind!

Back
Top Bottom