Pipd's Peeps!

It's lock down day for the Wyatt eggs. Fresh peeps arriving in ~3 days!!
eek run in circles.gif

I peeked at the eggs from Gus III's pen last night and... Holy moly, his girls must really love him! I saw definite development in at least 9 eggs, and what looked like the earliest of indications of development in two more!! Just one of his dozen is iffy, and maybe not even that because I was only peeking and not fully candling! :yesss:

Now I'm looking at my brooder space and wondering where all these peeps are going to go if they all hatch
sweat wipe brow.gif
I suppose I have plenty of broodies to graft them to if nothing else!

I alllmost forgot to candle and move eggs to lock down yesterday. 7 Wyatt babies locked down last night. :fl

Small, semi-related rant. I had someone message me with interest in the extra cockerels from my Easter hatch. They gave me a time and date they were available, I asked if they could meet at X location... ghosted.

Yesterday, they got back to me saying my message had gone to their spam folder so they didn't see my response, but were still interested. Okay. Fine. I told them I was open most mornings to meet and usually meet at X location, is that okay? They responded that they could be in [city where X location is] at around 9am today. I said that time is fine, is X location good? ...Ghosted again. :he

So, I went ahead and packed the boys up this morning and headed over there because, I don't know, maybe they meant 9am at X location. I had mentioned it before they gave a time so?? Well, we waited there for around 30 minutes, from just before 9 to 20 after the hour. No one showed.

Pretty sure I'm done dealing with this person at this point. Why do people have to be so darn flaky?! :barnie

Anyway, after all of this, because I wasn't feeling tense enough from that experience, I finally officially submitted my application to go back to college this morning. Definitely feeling anxious about that. I have no reason to believe I'd be rejected but... Man, I don't know, what if they reject me anyway?
sweat wipe brow.gif

I alllmost forgot to candle and move eggs to lock down yesterday. 7 Wyatt babies locked down last night. :fl

Small, semi-related rant. I had someone message me with interest in the extra cockerels from my Easter hatch. They gave me a time and date they were available, I asked if they could meet at X location... ghosted.

Yesterday, they got back to me saying my message had gone to their spam folder so they didn't see my response, but were still interested. Okay. Fine. I told them I was open most mornings to meet and usually meet at X location, is that okay? They responded that they could be in [city where X location is] at around 9am today. I said that time is fine, is X location good? ...Ghosted again. :he

So, I went ahead and packed the boys up this morning and headed over there because, I don't know, maybe they meant 9am at X location. I had mentioned it before they gave a time so?? Well, we waited there for around 30 minutes, from just before 9 to 20 after the hour. No one showed.

Pretty sure I'm done dealing with this person at this point. Why do people have to be so darn flaky?! :barnie

Anyway, after all of this, because I wasn't feeling tense enough from that experience, I finally officially submitted my application to go back to college this morning. Definitely feeling anxious about that. I have no reason to believe I'd be rejected but... Man, I don't know, what if they reject me anyway? View attachment 3819622
Ugh yeah I kept getting ghosted on an Ameraucana rooster I was selling. I will not deal with that person anymore.

Anyway, after all of this, because I wasn't feeling tense enough from that experience, I finally officially submitted my application to go back to college this morning. Definitely feeling anxious about that. I have no reason to believe I'd be rejected but... Man, I don't know, what if they reject me anyway? View attachment 3819622
People 👎 chickens 😃

Whoohoo, lockdown time again!!! I'm excited to see your chickies!

Don't overthink the college thing, all is going to work out. What degree or program are you applying for? Because I'm sitting here thinking, geneticist, chemist, biologist, it's got to be a science major 🤔 and probably animal related....

Ugh yeah I kept getting ghosted on an Ameraucana rooster I was selling. I will not deal with that person anymore.

They messaged me back about an hour ago saying they missed my message again, but they can meet on Monday. :rant If I wasn't so eager to unload these cockerels, I wouldn't even think twice about whether or not to respond. Maybe if we hash out the details over the weekend, ahead of time, then they'll actually show up on Monday?

Don't overthink the college thing, all is going to work out. What degree or program are you applying for? Because I'm sitting here thinking, geneticist, chemist, biologist, it's got to be a science major 🤔 and probably animal related....

Haha, none of the above! Actually, my first degree is in ecology and evolutionary biology, so I had lots of study on organisms as a whole, genetics and mutations, natural selection, and how various species interact with one another in both natural and unnatural settings, with the required chemistry and statistics to go along with all of that. I sort of angled toward biology of invasive species because the topic is fascinating to me, but they didn't actually have a major for that, so ecology was as close as I could get to it.

But the funny thing is, I've found over the years that working as an ecologist is far less fun than studying ecology is. 🤔 Or at least working the ecology jobs that aren't so competitive that I don't have a snowball's chance in, err, heck getting into in the first place.

So I'm actually switching gears and going into dental hygiene, at least hopefully. 🙂 Maybe that's not the funnest job in the world, but it's low-stress, not very competitive, and pays decently. Mostly I just want a job I feel like I can handle doing for the rest of my life that actually pays a livable wage, and after a lot of soul searching over the past year or so I feel like this is it.

They messaged me back about an hour ago saying they missed my message again, but they can meet on Monday. :rant If I wasn't so eager to unload these cockerels, I wouldn't even think twice about whether or not to respond. Maybe if we hash out the details over the weekend, ahead of time, then they'll actually show up on Monday?

Haha, none of the above! Actually, my first degree is in ecology and evolutionary biology, so I had lots of study on organisms as a whole, genetics and mutations, natural selection, and how various species interact with one another in both natural and unnatural settings, with the required chemistry and statistics to go along with all of that. I sort of angled toward biology of invasive species because the topic is fascinating to me, but they didn't actually have a major for that, so ecology was as close as I could get to it.

But the funny thing is, I've found over the years that working as an ecologist is far less fun than studying ecology is. 🤔 Or at least working the ecology jobs that aren't so competitive that I don't have a snowball's chance in, err, heck getting into in the first place.

So I'm actually switching gears and going into dental hygiene, at least hopefully. 🙂 Maybe that's not the funnest job in the world, but it's low-stress, not very competitive, and pays decently. Mostly I just want a job I feel like I can handle doing for the rest of my life that actually pays a livable wage, and after a lot of soul searching over the past year or so I feel like this is it.
Oh gosh, I totally understand on the cockerel situation, if they will actually show up would be great, but sheesh, shouldn't they check their messages a bit better when they know they are waiting on a response? I hope they will actually show up Monday 😬

Ooh, yeah studying ecology does sound interesting, I really don't know anything about the job side but that makes sense it's not too exciting. Dental hygiene will be a solid career, you don't have to talk much either to the people 😄 low stress is worth a lot, I just left an insanely high stress job a few months ago and I feel so much better! It took about 2 months to start feeling more like "myself" I had spent over 2 years under more stress than I should have allowed myself to get into. It was a great learning experience, but not something I want to ever go through again. So huge cheers to you for putting in the time to find a career path that will be a good fit for you :highfive: lol, I would LOVE to talk chicken genetics with my dental hygienist, I might actually want to go to the dentist then 🤣

Back
Top Bottom