Will You Boycott C-A-L Ranch?

• yes

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
This store only employs about five or six people during the week, less on weekends. Really. the only thing it could affect is the company's bottom line. Its not exactly a national chain.

If you think that I am defensive, think what it is like to be continually harassed by your next door neighbors and law enforcement for doing something that is perfectly legal. I have kept my cool throughout this entire fiasco, whereas the neighbors have acted angry and aggressive. I do anything to avoid confrontations.

I am actually sitting with a friend who is helping me clean up after the storm and repair the roof. We were both logged onto BYC at the same time on my computer and I posted to her account by mistake. No, there is nothing shady going on here.

Hardly benign! By boycotting a store and encouraging others to do so you are potentially affecting other employees and a whole bunch of people who have nothing to do with your domestic situation.

You sound rather defensive. It would be an idea to deal with and process your emotions so that you act rationally and not react because of them.

Anyway, to each their own. Good luck!

P.S. I'm assuming you are the OP from what you write. FYI, you seem to be posting now from your regular account and not the new one you started this thread with. Not sure if this is by design or mistake.

You mention that they are also harassing your other neighbors. In a way, that is a good thing, especially if you and none of them have ever been complained about before. Hopefully they are all level headed types who won't go off the deep end and do something criminal in the face of all the harassment. Join with them and meet and discuss legal ways to deal with this problem. Together, you have power that none of you has separately. As to the whole boycott thing, I think you are probably wasting your time with that. Nor is your expectation that this person's employer will "counsel or reprimand" realistic. Employers are under strict legal rules (federal and state) that limit what they can do and say to an employee legally, without putting themselves at legal risk of lawsuits. And they receive training in that. The loss of your business is not going be a big enough incentive to take any risks in that area. There are no CAL stores where I live. I think the taller fence is a great idea, the higher the better and maybe with a hotwire at the top, or some razor wire... (though here you have to have an 8 foot fence before you can use razor wire. These people do need to learn to mind there own business and live and let live. And did their dog really bite the animal control officer? I have to ask what was the outcome of that? If it had been a police officer here, that dog would be dead!

We were discussing the behavior of the neighbor, and the animal control officer told me that his dog bit her. I did not ask if she cited them, because I know that is confidential. I would hope that she at least gave them a written warning. I asked her if he threatened her too, and that was how she responded. Apparently, she is an ex-cop.

You mention that they are also harassing your other neighbors. In a way, that is a good thing, especially if you and none of them have ever been complained about before. Hopefully they are all level headed types who won't go off the deep end and do something criminal in the face of all the harassment. Join with them and meet and discuss legal ways to deal with this problem. Together, you have power that none of you has separately. As to the whole boycott thing, I think you are probably wasting your time with that. Nor is your expectation that this person's employer will "counsel or reprimand" realistic. Employers are under strict legal rules (federal and state) that limit what they can do and say to an employee legally, without putting themselves at legal risk of lawsuits. And they receive training in that. The loss of your business is not going be a big enough incentive to take any risks in that area. There are no CAL stores where I live. I think the taller fence is a great idea, the higher the better and maybe with a hotwire at the top, or some razor wire... (though here you have to have an 8 foot fence before you can use razor wire. These people do need to learn to mind there own business and live and let live. And did their dog really bite the animal control officer? I have to ask what was the outcome of that? If it had been a police officer here, that dog would be dead!

I want to thank everyone for all the support. It has meant a lot to be able to discuss this with people who care about the same things as I do. Even the people who don't support the boycott, thank you for responding and keeping the thread alive. Maybe you will change your mind, maybe not. But I think we can all learn from each other. Now back to the business of poultry keeping in monsoon season:)

I don't think speaking to her employer is going to help anything. It's really not his job to get in the middle of issues going on outside of his business. I also don't think any of us can help you with this issue either. I would speak to a lawyer about what is going on and see what they suggest or what actions need to be taken. Make sure you tell them everything that has happened or taken place. Good luck.

All 50 states have a right to farm act, which were developed in the 70s, to protect farms from city folks who move out to the country and then complain or file nuisance lawsuits against farmers for normal farm operations, such as noise, odors, etc. If you are zoned agricultural you have every right to continue with your farming and your new neighbor should never have moved there.

OP...You made a new account to start this thread and replied to yourself with your other account.

This is just a little bit crazy.
Seriously?
Split personality maybe?

FB_IMG_1560497109641.jpg

Back
Top Bottom