Please help chicken is dying belly very bloated

I agree with @coach723 . I would make her comfortable letting her do whatever she feels like, offer foods she likes, and if she seems to be uncomfortable and suffering, put her down. Weight loss with a firm mass in the lower belly sounds like oviduct cancer, but hard to know for sure until a necropsy is done. Many of us do them at home, and some send the body to the state vet to do, but that is the way to find out. Take pictures, and someone here may offer help.

Update

Sadly she passed last night im so upset she was my favourite hen had so much character i kept her warm and was giving her electrolytes and fed her with the things she liked but she detoriated very quickly
If it was something contagious surely the other chickens would have symptoms now ? She was with them for 3 days before i felt she had to come indoors 4 she had yellowy and smelly poo and one of my other hens layed a soft shelled egg but they are on good feed and i give them supplements as well i was worrying it could be newcastle disease which is notifiable only because of the sick hens poo and the soft egg in the coop i found but all my other hens are healthy and ive checked and checked them
Thanks so much for the help and support im very gratefull x

So sorry for your loss :hugs rescues and exbattery hens come with all sorts of complications. You did everything you could for her, and likely gave her the best life she could have for the end. I would not worry too much about a contagious issue from what you described would agree with others that it’s most likely a reproductive issue due to her breeding. Thank you for taking her in and letting her be a real chicken.

So sorry for your loss. It helps me to do an ecrospy and look at the abdominal organs to help diagnose cancer or reproductive problems. Cancer and egg yolk peritonitis are very common causes of death. Take pictures if you decide to do ine, and post here.

Back
Top Bottom