Please help me find out what happened to my girl

Salguero

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 9, 2016
I came home to find my girl severely injured. She was dying when I found her in our backyard. I'm trying to figure out if our 7 month old Yorkie could have done this to her or our new large chickens. I had two small bantam chickens and my husband just bought 3 very large chickens. My daughter mentioned seen the larger ones attacking the little ones but she was able to break them up. We separated their food trays but they still run free in the same back yard. I'm not sure if they could have done this to my little Petunia or the dog may have done this. Our dog has live with the two little ones for a few months and has never attacked before. We don't have cats but I'm sure that if a cat had come in my yard it would have eaten my girl. Please help. I'm not sure if I need to get rid of the new chikens or my dog. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to my little Cleo.

Attachments

• 20220404_190745.jpg
    20220404_190745.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 18
Is she dead or alive. How old is your dog? And has she ever displayed any behavior like this? Seems pretty extreme for a chicken to be honest
I feel like your tiny dog probably did not either but anything's possible I guess

That is not work of chickens,,, I am of course not sure it was you dog ether. I have doubts on dog doing this. What other predators are there. Raccoons eat/bite the head off,, How about flying predators, like hawks??

SOOOOOO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS,,,,,,,,,,,,:hugs,

Is she dead or alive. How old is your dog? And has she ever displayed any behavior like this? Seems pretty extreme for a chicken to be honest
I feel like your tiny dog probably did not either but anything's possible I guess
She was alive when I got there and died a few hours later. This after. My dog is 7 months and she's very playful but she never attacked my girls and has never bit us either. I didn't see any bite marks on my chicken. It just looked like she was skinned around her neck.

That is not work of chickens,,, I am of course not sure it was you dog ether. I have doubts on dog doing this. What other predators are there. Raccoons eat/bite the head off,, How about flying predators, like hawks??

SOOOOOO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS,,,,,,,,,,,,:hugs,
Thanks☹️. She didn't have bite marks on her. She just looked like she was skinned alive. I've never seen snakes or raccoons. I seen a possum a few years back but just at night. This happened during the day. She was fine when I left to work.

I've never seen snakes around. My neighbors does have very overgrown dead grass and a huge backyard though.
You never really see them. I have one big one in my yard and I know he’s there, but I’ve seen him only one time, if they’re hungry they will try

Back
Top Bottom