Post Phoenix Pics Please

I do query about the cold though

I'm thinking March might be a better time. Right now he would have to pass through some pretty cold areas. I'll keep it in mind if I don't find anyone local who is interested.
thumbsup.gif

Who would you all recommend buying Phoenix hatching eggs or chicks from? My FIL bought some from EBay and I am having no luck, I have one living egg out of 10, and of the ones I eggtopsied only 6 were fertile with 4 showing signs of development. These came from Virginia so I'm hoping to find a closer breeder to WA state.

Who would you all recommend buying Phoenix hatching eggs or chicks from? My FIL bought some from EBay and I am having no luck, I have one living egg out of 10, and of the ones I eggtopsied only 6 were fertile with 4 showing signs of development. These came from Virginia so I'm hoping to find a closer breeder to WA state.
I am very pleased with the eggs I bought from Boggy Bottom Bantams. Despite my inexperience incubating I had at 50% hatch rate and our pullet took Best in Show when she went to our county fair. Their temperament is amazing. I don't know if they are selling hatching eggs now due to shorter day lenght.

I am very pleased with the eggs I bought from Boggy Bottom Bantams. Despite my inexperience incubating I had at 50% hatch rate and our pullet took Best in Show when she went to our county fair. Their temperament is amazing. I don't know if they are selling hatching eggs now due to shorter day lenght.

I have been looking at their stuff, I like that they are active on here and on Facebook. How many eggs did you order? I can't decide between getting a variety purchase of chicks or eggs.

We ordered 6 eggs, 2 girls and 1 boy hatched. He injured a leg and I was unable to get it to mend, if he hadn't been acting like it was painful I would have kept him although he would have been a Special Needs bird. The vet had never seen such a mellow chicken.

My DD ordered a dozen D'Anver eggs, and I ordered a dozen partridge rock bantams, to hatch along with the Phoenix. Only 1 rock pipped, the D'Anvers developed fine but the shells were so Much denser I think they were just to wet at hatch to survive.

We ordered 6 eggs, 2 girls and 1 boy hatched. He injured a leg and I was unable to get it to mend, if he hadn't been acting like it was painful I would have kept him although he would have been a Special Needs bird. The vet had never seen such a mellow chicken.

My DD ordered a dozen D'Anver eggs, and I ordered a dozen partridge rock bantams, to hatch along with the Phoenix. Only 1 rock pipped, the D'Anvers developed fine but the shells were so Much denser I think they were just to wet at hatch to survive.
Good to know. I would only be ordering Phoenixes, were the 3 unhatched eggs fertile?

Back
Top Bottom