Post Phoenix Pics Please

I don't know if anyone has attempted this cross yet but I am looking for a bird that is apealing to the eye good egg production and the male can be aggressive enough in a time of danger to maybe out up a decent fight against a predator while the hens can retreat back to shelter
So what I did is I had a Rhode Island Red hen and crossed it with my ex show bird a silver duckwing Phoenix and he wasn't very fertile do to age so I only got one pair out of him before he kicked the bucket do to age and weather conditions and dolor hearing in coop went out while I was out of town so thinking he got to cold and got sick by anyways I was just observing the male which is with a pair of pure red jungle fowl and a grey jungle fowl hybred hen along with a few other hybreds but anyways the male silver X Rhode Island Red was able to hold his own when I refilled the feeders and there was a little friendly pecking order still be esstablished so was pretty confident when I build up a flock of these guys I will see good egg Production along with a great look bird. The hen is all white with brownish red feathers and white lining around them I can't post pictures from my I phone but anyone interested in seeing them I will email you pictures soon request also if you have any other ideas for new egg laying projects feel free to send me a private message
I am also trying a svart hona with a black austrolorp anyways have a great day everyone

Blue gold Phoenix chick from Boggy Bottom Bantams, I'm hoping the long eye stripe and tri-color striped back mean pullet.

Back
Top Bottom