Poultry Pine Car

wood&feathers

Songster
10 Years
Dec 22, 2009
E. KY
I thought you all might be an appreciative audience for my daughter's Powder Puff Pinecar.. She just had to model it after our fastest chicken, a cubalaya hen named Lightning.

The face is made of a half a hickory nut dressed with some JB Weld. The worm is a scrap of wire.

Well, air resistance may keep it from being the fastest, but it sure is the most original and neatest car that I see there. Well done.
clap.gif

Thank you. The judges did NOT give it an appearance trophy, so I told my daughter I would post lots of pictures and get her car the fame it deserves.

I know how to build fast cars from prior years, Christina wanted to go for appearance...alas the judges were fiddling around with the fact I am a leader and assumed it would be fast and gave the appearance trophies to 2 others in an attempt to "spread the love"...and as I expected this was a slow design. My 9 year old actually has grown up using tools and cut the block herself, and used her carving tools to hollow the area between the wings. She matched the feathers and did all the paint too. Tears were shed, but I was rather proud that we helped the girls who won build their cars in our workshops at meetings.

I'm proud of her car, and just wanted her to see some afterglow. So thanks folks!

That's adorable and original, and clearly was so much more work than making something "fast". Luck can win you a race, but it takes true talent to make something unique.

Good for her!

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life!!!
love.gif
Tell her it's the best car I've ever seen, and ask her if she can make a real car like that for me!

I think it is awesome!! I can tell she put a lot of work into her car and I know it can be disappointing when hard work is not recognized.

Does your county fair have an open art show? Maybe you can look into having her enter it there. I bet it would so wonderfully in a craft or art show!

Now THAT is an idea!

She always enters stuff in the fair - leaf book, birdhouse, leather archery armguard, bread, paintings...we have a fair box with a list of last year's categories and stuff they are saving to enter next year.

Now that I think about it, a few years ago one of our scouts DID enter their pine car - in the "Woodworking from a Kit" category!

Back
Top Bottom