questioning the avian flu

Atripp06120

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, Ohio
Hi everyone! I know the avian flu has been on top of everyone's mind and obviously its a concern for all of us with any number of birds. I've really been trying to do some research on it and have been trying to do a deep dive into the history of it and trying to find numbers. It appears this strand of the avian flu (H5N1) seems to be towards the top of the list for transmissibility but not number one through history. Back in 2014-2015 the number were higher. Thankfully, that outbreak died out through the summer. This most recent outbreak doesn't seem to have done that thus, allowing it to continue to wreak havoc.

I have been attempting to find the number of confirmed cases in America since 1996 when the avian flu made its way to America. I can find numbers telling me how many birds have been culled this past year and a couple other years. I'm not sure that I'll ever actually be able to find anything that would tell me CONFIRMED cases because once one bird is found positive, they just cull the whole flock without more testing. But I can't even find the numbers stating how many birds have been effected and/or culled since 1996. Usually I can find just about anything I go looking for. Its almost as if someone or something is trying to not let me find it. I've been on all the different government websites, I've googled, I've used VPNs, and I just can't seem to find the most basic statistics on it.

If anyone knows where I can find this information or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for any help!

I am searching too because as flock owners we’ve always been aware of it but i personally haven’t kept track of numbers and such like people are obsessed with these days. I’ll post here things I find and please can you do the same

Back
Top Bottom