Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

1709905101034.jpeg

Interesting. It could also be about fear, doubt, loneliness or lost opportunity.
Very true. We are always coming upon forks in the road in our lifetimes. As we age I think we often look back and wonder where that other road might have led, if we didn’t have the fear and doubt. Perhaps the fork we chose led us to loneliness and lost opportunity.

It’s hard to say…Everyone has different opinions.

People shouldn’t have to be ashamed over it.

Interesting. It could also be about fear, doubt, loneliness or lost opportunity.
I always thought the poem was saying that we make choices in our lives, for good or ill, and may look back some day on those choices with regret. But we can never really know whether "the road not taken" would have been a better choice.

Last edited:
I always thought the poem was saying that we make choices in our lives, for good or ill, and may look back some day on those choices with regret. But we will can never really know whether "the road not taken" would have been a better choice.
Wow! And I always thought of it as deciding to take the 'comfortable' route "Like everyone else." or to go your own way.
We will never know what a different choice would have brought. (and we make thousands of little ones each day.) I like to believe I have always tried to make my own decisions, even when they cost me some bloody noses as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom