Reclaiming Pasture - Pig Tractor

0wen

Songster
Mar 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Anyone have pig tractor photos?

I have an acre or so of land I need to reclaim, that has gotten pretty "woody." Planning on working it with a chainsaw and such this winter once greenery dies off to make it easier, but considering building a tractor for a pair or pigs to work stumps, roots, etc. Zero experience raising them, so some research in the coming months. Just looking for insight and inspiration on housing and such.

I think electric fences are more common for pigs.
Partly because they get big and strong--so you would need a big strong pen, which is heavy to move.
But also because pigs dig. You want them to dig out stumps, but not to dig under the sides of a pen, and that can be hard to control :)

Anyone have pig tractor photos?

I have an acre or so of land I need to reclaim, that has gotten pretty "woody." Planning on working it with a chainsaw and such this winter once greenery dies off to make it easier, but considering building a tractor for a pair or pigs to work stumps, roots, etc. Zero experience raising them, so some research in the coming months. Just looking for insight and inspiration on housing and such.
there are homesteading channels that deal with using pigs in this way, search youtube for Justin Rhodes. Electric Fencing seems to be the best way to pasture pigs.

Back
Top Bottom