Rehome Rooster

There are a lot of folks from Texas on here, maybe they will have some state specific ideas. Here is the Texas thread you can post on about him.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/texas.44/

If that doesn't get the response you need I would start a thread with the title "need to rehome good rooster in texas near houston" or something similar to that. I am hoping that someone on here knows of a good home for him.

Have you looked into no crow collars? We are having a similar issue, and are also new backyard chicken keepers. I’m hoping maybe one of the no crow collars will work for our two probable roosters in our flock. One of the likely roosters is really my baby and also my favorite. He is also very smart, and will come to me when I call for him and hop into my hands. All of our chickens are pets and part of our family now, so I think I understand how you feel as well.
I hope it all works out for you! Your rooster looks and sounds very sweet! :)

Have you looked into no crow collars? We are having a similar issue, and are also new backyard chicken keepers. I’m hoping maybe one of the no crow collars will work for our two probable roosters in our flock. One of the likely roosters is really my baby and also my favorite. He is also very smart, and will come to me when I call for him and hop into my hands. All of our chickens are pets and part of our family now, so I think I understand how you feel as well.
I hope it all works out for you! Your rooster looks and sounds very sweet! :)
Do you know that no crow collars have caused the death of a fair few roosters?
They can easily choke, either from the collar not being fitted properly, or even if it is they can still choke on a piece of food.
I hope something will work for you, but the no crow collars are not something I would like to put a rooster though.

Do you know that no crow collars have caused the death of a fair few roosters?
They can easily choke, either from the collar not being fitted properly, or even if it is they can still choke on a piece of food.
I hope something will work for you, but the no crow collars are not something I would like to put a rooster though.

I was not aware of that at all! Thank you for the information. I’m sad to hear it. I guess we will have to look into other different options for our chickens. I also want to suggest looking into local rooster rescue groups. We may look into rooster rescues for our family chickens now too.

Last edited:
I was no aware of that at all! Thank you for the information. I’m sad to hear it. I guess we will have to look into other options for our chickens. I suggested in my other comment, about also looking into rooster rescues. Our family may have to look into rooster rescues too.
Have a good look around in your area, and see if their are any sanctuary that could take them.
And, there are people who really want a good, nice rooster, so put some adds up, let people know just how nice they are. When it comes down to it, you can never be 100% sure they are going to live a long life, but you can do your best to make sure they do.
And that is the all you can do.

Have a good look around in your area, and see if their are any sanctuary that could take them.
And, there are people who really want a good, nice rooster, so put some adds up, let people know just how nice they are. When it comes down to it, you can never be 100% sure they are going to live a long life, but you can do your best to make sure they do.
And that is the all you can do.

Thanks, I really appreciate the encouragement. :) We didn’t expect to get so attached to our chickens, but our family (kids and myself) all really love them! We do really want them to live long happy lives. You are right, we will do our best we can do to do that for them. I’ll check into local farms and possibly post some ads as well. We will do all we can do. We really want and hope for them to have a loving home, if we can’t keep them ourselves. I’m hoping the same for Saltwater ChickInn too!:)

Have you found a home for him yet? I posted on our local FB group, free pets, and on nextdoor. Specify that he is looking to have his own flock, and his temperament and care you've given, and what you expect from his new owners.

How do I find him a home? I don’t know where to begin. None of my friends have chickens and I don’t know anyone who would take him. Everyone is telling me “he’s just a chicken” but he’s not just a chicken to me. I love him like a pet…and he’s so smart and cute! I went online to see how to rehome and it led me to chicken forums so I’m hoping someone in this group can advise or connect me to the best option.
I just wanted to tell you I’m having the sand issue my two cockerels are soooo sweet and friendly. To my understanding it won’t last much longer but everyone thinks I’m crazy because they are my pets and I don’t want to have them eaten :/ they aren’t crowing yet so I have a little time but I’m heartbroken and my husband is really sad too! He’s a softie lol.

Back
Top Bottom