Qwe1123

Hatching
Jul 18, 2022
There was a lost chick in my yard today. I think he must have been recently hatched because I found a peahen laying a nest on the other side of the fence. I brought him to her and she hissed. I tried putting him under her feathers but she keeps pecking him. The chick won't stop running to me when she does this. I tried a handful of times. Is there any way I can get the peahen to take care of her chick? I don't know what to do so I would really appreciate any help you can give.

It's not my hen. My neighbor moved and left them behind, they roam the neighborhood now and I've been leaving food and water out for them because it seemed cruel not to. I guess that's why she set her nest near my yard. I'll try again tonight thank you.

There is another possibility, the hen is sitting on eggs that are not going to hatch. That chick may have been the only viable one to hatch and the hen is dedicated to the nest. Would you have a battery-operated candler? You could check the eggs at night or slip a few out from under her and then return them if they are viable.

Back
Top Bottom