Ribh's D'Coopage

The individual pics aren't great as the girls were understandably nervouse.
Japanese bantam

View attachment 2436297
Frizzle
View attachment 2436298
Frizzle

View attachment 2436299
Japanese bantam

View attachment 2436300
Gold laced Wyandotte
View attachment 2436301
silver laced Wyandotte frizzle
View attachment 2436302
Vorwerk 1
View attachment 2436303

Vorwerk 2
View attachment 2436304
I love these new arrivals!! So excited to see your new additions. I will be reading about the Vorwerks. I have not heard of them but they do look pretty. You will be so great with the younger chicks. So much fun ahead

I love these new arrivals!! So excited to see your new additions. I will be reading about the Vorwerks. I have not heard of them but they do look pretty. You will be so great with the younger chicks. So much fun ahead
Thank you @Louwin. Despite having had chickens for years I have never done them so young before. 🙄 The responsibility weighs on me...

Well. I am grumpy this evening - brutal week at work.
I typed the above entry and thought grumpily "time they produced an egg"... ... ... Then I grumpily bundled up to go out to close the Princesses up for the night and set the mouse-traps and cameras ... ... ... ... And I grumpily stomped through the rain ... .... .... ... And I grumpily picked my way through the mud to get to the Chicken Palace ... ... ... ... ... And I grumpily checked the egg boxes ... ... ..... And ... ... ... ...
View attachment 2437130View attachment 2437131

NOT GRUMPY ANYMORE!!!
My first teeny tiny blue gift from one of the Little Princesses.
Yay!! So exciting. Congrats on the first egg. Love the way you wrote it!! So great how they just seem to know the best timing sometimes!! Enjoy.

I had a Pekin Bantam hatch last night. Our power went out today so i walked around with herin my pocket with a pocket warmer all morning. I thought i would squish her but she loved it and didnt want to come out. I think sometimes they are tougher than they look!!
Wow that's amazing! 🥰

I dare say some people will howl in protest at this, but you shouldn't handle young chicks. You can let them walk onto an outstreched palm if they wil, but that's about it. I don't handle the chicks here unless it's absolutley necessary.
I also did not know this. Thanks for sharing Shad. Can i do harm without knowing it?

I had a Pekin Bantam hatch last night. Our power went out today so i walked around with herin my pocket with a pocket warmer all morning. I thought i would squish her but she loved it and didnt want to come out. I think sometimes they are tougher than they look!!
My hairdresser said that she raised chicks once and carried them around in her bra! I don't think she meant actually stuffed in her bra, just sort of between her boobs and her shirt.

Well, you get the picture... 😶

Back
Top Bottom