Roo sty?

It kind of looks more like a cyst just from the picture. Do you see any peck marks on it? It is in a region where we see some respiratory sinus infections, but for some reason, that doesn’t look like it to me. Would you be will to try and lance it with a sterilized needle to see if you could get any pus or cheese-like material out of it? I had a rooster with a hard cyst on his eyelid once, and it din’t grow. Has this been there long? It going to a vet possible?
Shamefully I only noticed it yesterday. I hate these early nights. I don’t spend as much time with my flock as I should. By the time I get home from work it’s dark...and too much other adulting has been needing to happen too.

Vet - probably not. I may try lancing it tomorrow after work (before hubs gets all gta-happy...). Any advice on that or just sterilize a needle, poke and squeeze like a zit? Can stop by tsc after work for supplies.

Wyorp/Eggcessive, Thanks for stopping. :hugs It didnt look like a normal infection pocket to me either like , its perfectly round. I do see a tiny pimple dot on the underside . I think ?
Could be that or odd flash reflection. I think I’ve plucked the poor guy from his roost enough tonight and I think hubs may have me sleep in the chicken coop if I bring him in again! Lol

Back
Top Bottom