roosting pics (please share)

solarquail

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
Virginia
does anyone have any pictures of there chickens roosting. i dont know why but i think theyre interesting to look at. i dont have any pictures of mine right now but maybe share yours?
smile.png
thanks

I agree ... I love to sneak in early in the morn before they are up and off the roosts! They look so cute all snuggled together .... the rest of the day they barely hold still long enough to see them as a unit
pop.gif

Here is a pic on their outdoor roosts. Finally a decent pic of all of them where they aren't eating scratch or some treat with all their heads down giving me the imfamous booty shot.
roll.png

42828_dscn1197.jpg

They are so forgiving for my lack of carpentry skills and chicken experience. They really do like hanging out on that jenky 2x4 thing made from scrap ends.
lol.png

Hey thanks! They seem to enjoy it.
smile.png
The branches are from a eucalyptus grove up the way. Until I capped the roof with garden fencing they would hop from that high point on the branch to the top of the run wall and hop out! Little Houdinis' I tell you! Some were more notorious than others for sure. I love how yours seem to follow the rule of "Birds of a feather stick together" rule in that pic. My two barred rocks and the SLW do the same. You'd think the Light brahma would want to get in on the action but she always hangs with the EE'rs. Must be too cool for them lol.
cool.png

Quote:
Hey! Come on now! You made that perch for your birds out of love for them. Don't knock your workmanship! Anything we do for our chickens we do out of love and caring for them, and therefore, it's all good! And they obviously love it! Just look at them!
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

DH improved our girls run and outdoor perches about a week ago. Now if it would just warm up enough for them to go outside and enjoy it. But these silly creatures! All they want to do is sit inside under their snuggy sunny warm heat lamp!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom