roosting pics (please share)

here are my babies roosting

these are the silkies and frizzles in there temporary cage with crooked neck (wry neck) the scovy while im building theyre other cage
woot.gif

2npy5f.jpg

we just recently moved the big babies into the shed for the winter here they are nice and happy
wee.gif

2882ptk.jpg

2qmjgo3.jpg

2ikuy4y.jpg

cqgxi.jpg

293k31j.jpg

And this rooster we just got him a few weeks ago he thinks all that and a bag of chips!
roll.png

snyuf8.jpg

Come on go out there and take some pictures of your babies roosting tonight i wanna see
smile.png
love.gif

D.gif
jumpy.gif

edited to add two more pics

Last edited:
Wow! That's ton of chickens, solarquail! Mine are still chicks so they don't roost. I've tried putting up little sticks but they're just a week old and don't yet seem interested.

Quote:
Are those metal roosts? they look really skinny as well, chickens prefer to have a flat top roost, like a 2X4 flat side up - so they can sit on their feet to keep them warm.

Brewster my BO roo and Randy my RIR roo (Then)
6333_perching_5108.jpg

Brewster last winter;
6333_brewster_sleeping.jpg

This winter, Brewster will have two different age groups of daughters with this hens to roost with, right now his hens are roosting and he is on the straw amongst his daughters and sons:) He's a Great roo in every way possible:)
Mille Fluer D'Uccle summer before last; (this one for fun)
6333_picture_018.jpg

Banty flock:
6333_cockadoodlengirls.jpg

Will have to get a pic of my new GLW roo and his 3 GLW hens, he also has three of my EE hens but its -17/-19 right now without the windchill factor...

Quote:
Are those metal roosts? they look really skinny as well, chickens prefer to have a flat top roost, like a 2X4 flat side up - so they can sit on their feet to keep them warm.

in the back they have a huge area that they can roost on and theyre are wood areas they can also roost on its what they choose so
idunno.gif

Roosting chickens are definitely cute! Here are two of my pullets, Aspen and Alpine, doing the snuggle thing:

Misc162.jpg

They're adorable! Best of friends, those two. I wish I could take a picture of all my chickens roosting together, but unfortunately they're all spread out in their henhouse! Maybe I'll have to build one of those cool ladder-like roosts so I can see them all together at once.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom