Rosecomb Thread

Pics
here's another one
575227_843304888701_1391078662_n.jpg
14377_843305003471_743161160_n.jpg

Is this supposed to be a Rosecomb?

Is this supposed to be a Rosecomb?
not sure got it at an auction friday for 2 dollars because i think he is very handsome. just trying to figure him out now. boggy bottom bantams suggested that it looked very similar to a rosecomb and a rare color. i'm good with breeds but when it comes to my own i get lost lol
hide.gif
i have never seen a rosecomb this color so....

Where's the bird you're talking about?
I believe they are discussing the near Quail colored cockrell, he is clearly split for single comb based on comb structure and is quite likely a OE cross either intentional or not.
The cross with the rosecomb and single comb typically results in the spike becoming nearer a blade in the males it is much more difficult to determine females based on comb structure.

not sure got it at an auction friday for 2 dollars because i think he is very handsome. just trying to figure him out now. boggy bottom bantams suggested that it looked very similar to a rosecomb and a rare color. i'm good with breeds but when it comes to my own i get lost lol
hide.gif
i have never seen a rosecomb this color so....

He does have a rose comb, although not a very good one. Apart from that he bears no resemblence to a Rosecomb & he's not a standard Rosecomb variety. His colour is close to Quail as in d'Anvers.

I believe they are discussing the near Quail colored cockrell, he is clearly split for single comb based on comb structure and is quite likely a OE cross either intentional or not.
The cross with the rosecomb and single comb typically results in the spike becoming nearer a blade in the males it is much more difficult to determine females based on comb structure.

I thought that might be the bird in question but since he bears no resemblence to a Wheaten male I wasn't sure.

He does have a rose comb, although not a very good one. Apart from that he bears no resemblence to a Rosecomb & he's not a standard Rosecomb variety. His colour is close to Quail as in d'Anvers.
what color could i cross him to to help keep that coloration but bring him to actual rosecomb standard?

the ornamental contest is almost over once i find at least 2 more judges. i am going through the list i have and there are no entries for some breeds. if you want to enter now is your chance to do so. thank you (please if you enter more than one bird use seprate post for easier judging and try to include at least 3 pics from different angles)

rosecomb ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/649517/ornamental-rosecomb NO ENTRIES YET

Back
Top Bottom