Sad about new home

SummerChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Somerset, Texas
I am feeling sad for my two geese. At night I use to lock them in a small part of the house we are building. This wax temporary until we built a goose house for them. Well this weekend we finished it (enough for them to stay in), still need some cosmetic stuff to do, paint and shingles for roof or tin.
Anyway, I put them in their new home and they whimpered and made me feel as if I were punishing them. It is smaller than what they are used to but it's large enough. It's about 8 ft long and 5 ft wide with a screened in porch lol. I put 3 solar lights inside for now and I am going to add some screen windows too. I filled the floor with alfalfa hay as I had in their other home. I hope they will learn to like their new goose house :(

Laurie

Their house sounds wonderful!! Mine "cried" the first couple of nights they were in their new house, but now they go in without much of a hassle. It helps that their feeder bucket is inside. Of course, they STILL sometimes cry when they feel its too early to go to bed
roll.png
but then they settle down.

Thank you Celtic, yes I guess I wouldn't like change either if it was someone making me change but I kinda knew they would not like the change at first.

Bhonkers, thanks... Will take pics when I get it painted. I gave them their treats in the new house, I didn't really want to because they would poop more but I'd rather clean that up if the treats help with the transition.

Laurie

They like their new home now, it's attached to their pen so it's just easier altogether for me, they know it's home and it's much less clean up for me, they ate laying eggs in new house too! I think Lucy gets mad at me for removing her eggs, I even sneak it out so she doesn't see it but she still had an attitude towards me some days! lol.

:)

They like their new home now, it's attached to their pen so it's just easier altogether for me, they know it's home and it's much less clean up for me, they ate laying eggs in new house too! I think Lucy gets mad at me for removing her eggs, I even sneak it out so she doesn't see it but she still had an attitude towards me some days! lol.
smile.png

But SummerChick, what does it look liiiiiike?
pop.gif

Ok here is their goose house....its still a work in progress but its livable....we are going to put old tin over the plyboard roof, going for rustic look. Plus do a little landscaping around outside house. Its connected to their pen. Fiance kinda hammered a few boards not so straight,....i told him its ok i don't think the geese will mind...lol. You can click on pic to see larger image.

Screened in porch

Inside, nothing fancy...you can see their nest

The outside view...next spring i will probably add a window because nights are pretty hot here. This use to be a dog house for 2 great danes. Its about 8 ft by 5 ft.

Their pen is 40 ft by 11 ft and the goose house is connected at the front door.

Back
Top Bottom