Sad about new home

Ok here is their goose house....its still a work in progress but its livable....we are going to put old tin over the plyboard roof, going for rustic look. Plus do a little landscaping around outside house. Its connected to their pen. Fiance kinda hammered a few boards not so straight,....i told him its ok i don't think the geese will mind...lol. You can click on pic to see larger image.

Screened in porch

Inside, nothing fancy...you can see their nest

The outside view...next spring i will probably add a window because nights are pretty hot here. This use to be a dog house for 2 great danes. Its about 8 ft by 5 ft.

Their pen is 40 ft by 11 ft and the goose house is connected at the front door.
I like it alot, windows will be good. but that is a nice open door in the front which will give them really good healthy air.

I love their screened porch, and I like their little 'porch lights' you put in front of the door. Tell your fiance that he did an excellent job - it looks great! Do you leave the door to their coop open during the day, or do you just open it up for bedtime? A landscaping plant you may want to try is the mexican petunia. My geese dont eat it, rather they like playing with the flower buds (by playing, I mean, they live chewing on them, pulling them, and then spitting them out) but its a hearty plant/ bush that my 2 geese dont seem to cause too much damage to it, and it has pretty purple flowers.

Question, what type of hay do you use inside?
Inside, nothing fancy...you can see their nest

Thanks Bhonkers, I told fiancé and hit a huge smile on his face! I put a solar light inside the house at night for them also. I leave the door open during the day, they only go inside to lay their eggs. I have started letting them stay out all day to forage so the gate to their pen stays open during the day now. They go in and out because the pool and food is inside pen.
My fiancé is working on the old well, when it gets running again the geese will have a pond with fresh water added when needed.
Will look for the Mexican petunia, is it the plant where the purple bloom falls off every day but new one bloom the very next day?

Thanks Bhonkers, I told fiancé and hit a huge smile on his face! I put a solar light inside the house at night for them also. I leave the door open during the day, they only go inside to lay their eggs. I have started letting them stay out all day to forage so the gate to their pen stays open during the day now. They go in and out because the pool and food is inside pen.
My fiancé is working on the old well, when it gets running again the geese will have a pond with fresh water added when needed.
Will look for the Mexican petunia, is it the plant where the purple bloom falls off every day but new one bloom the very next day?

^ Yes, thats it!

Back
Top Bottom