Sally's GF3 thread

Frost advisory tonight, so we covered the blueberry bushes and cherry trees again. Right now, you'd never guess it's going to get cold; we're getting soaked with a thunderstorm.

Tomorrow night, there is a freeze warning. It was changed from just frost and a low of 32, to freeze and a low of 29.

We'll have to take the covers off the plants tomorrow when it warms up, as they're blooming and the pollinators need to be able to access them. Then we'll have to cover them back up.

And hope.

Frost advisory tonight, so we covered the blueberry bushes and cherry trees again. Right now, you'd never guess it's going to get cold; we're getting soaked with a thunderstorm.

Tomorrow night, there is a freeze warning. It was changed from just frost and a low of 32, to freeze and a low of 29.

We'll have to take the covers off the plants tomorrow when it warms up, as they're blooming and the pollinators need to be able to access them. Then we'll have to cover them back up.

And hope.
We have about the same freeze warning.
Thunder and some sprinkles here.
Just saw an alert that Ionia might get quarter sized hail.
Hoping y'all stay safe up there :fl :fl :fl

Thanks, @aart.

I don't think we got frost last night. It was very light, if it was there. But we did get hail. Here it was about pea sized, at the largest. I didn't even know we got any until I went out to lock up the chickens and saw some on the ground.

We might not have needed to cover the fruit for frost, but the heavy rain and hail would have been bad for the blossoms too.

It's tonight that worries me... 😬

I covered the blueberry bushes in anticipation of last night's possible frost. I'll cover them again tonight.
IMG_6063.JPG

Since the sun is out now, I uncovered them and am hoping to capture some heat in the ground by doing this.
IMG_E6066.JPG

I would trade the sunshine today for it remaining cloudy today and tonight...

I'll have done all I can do to keep the flowers/buds from damage. It comes down to :fl :fl :fl

FedEx continues to impress me with their :duc service. They delivered a package addressed to me to one of the neighbors. I left a 1 star review on their "rate your delivery experience" survey and said that the driver does not look for house numbers, and for the nth time, my package was delivered to a neighbor's house.

Soup line, FedEx.

Thank goodness they take a picture of it now and put it in with the online tracking info. I could see exactly where it went.

FedEx continues to impress me with their :duc service. They delivered a package addressed to me to one of the neighbors. I left a 1 star review on their "rate your delivery experience" survey and said that the driver does not look for house numbers, and for the nth time, my package was delivered to a neighbor's house.

Soup line, FedEx.

Thank goodness they take a picture of it now and put it in with the online tracking info. I could see exactly where it went.
I had a FedEx person leave a package on the front porch...in order to reach the porch they had to step over the sign in front of the steps that says "Deliveries to side door" 🙄

An Amazon employee claimed they handed my package to a person...nope. They left it on the rocking chair on my front porch, and had to step over the same sign in front of the steps. I submitted a photo of the package on the chair. Don't lie.
🙄🙄🙄

My house number is xxx4x. FedEx left my package at xxx7x, and the number is in plain view. They just stopped at the first house and dropped it off.

Soup line, driver.

Fortunately, the plants were in great shape, or man, would I be calling someone to complain.

As for our house number, we have a sign on a tree where the driveway splits off from the house next door, with an arrow pointing to the right. A UPS driver said, "Thanks for the sign. I've never been back here before and I wasn't sure which was the right house." He found us. I want him to work for both UPS and FedEx and always be our driver. :)

Back
Top Bottom