San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Another
welcome-byc.gif

yes they are all Bantam Cochin's, but I think I have 2 that may be Buff Orpington / Cochin mixes cause they are huge next to my other pretties (I picked theses two up at a feed store) With exception to those two all my pretties came from a show quality breeder.

Hello Everyone..
frow.gif
My name is Eva and I'm new to BYC. A little about me and my chicken adventures.I'm not entirely new to chickens. My kids and I had a small flock while they were growing up. We had mostly Old English Game Bantams, but also an assortment of larger hens. My kids have since grown up and I gave away all my stock during my divorce.
I have now entered into a new chapter in my life and my sweet sweet fiance' built me a new chicken coop.
love.gif
Now that's love...lol My first purchase was a trio of Lavender Cochin's and a Mottled Cochin hen. They are all very sweet. Then I purchased 12 newly hatches Millie chicks . OMG talk about cute! They are about 3 months old now and i cant decide which one is cutter than the other, because they are all so unique and spectacular.
I would like to meet others in my area who are raising Cochin's and learn more about theses pretty Lil things. I would love to join a meet up in the San Diego Area and I would love, love, love to get into showing my pretty Lil hens.My fiance and I show his pigeons already so showing my hens seems like the next natural thing to do.
D.gif
Well that's it for now...

Welcome Eva
welcome-byc.gif
from Jacumba via Santee..... Long story... I dont have Cochins but a couple are on my list of wanna haves. Right now I have Guineas, A couple of Silkey roos a couple of Auracanas and about seventeen Welsummers. All under or just at a year.

deb

Soooooooooo....I bought a donkey. Very cute chap, named him "Boone". The previous owner delivered him from Lancaster. I basically bought him sight unseen...or at least not seen in person. I asked how he did with chickens PRIOR to my getting him. After he's unloaded, in my corral, payment made, the previous owner lets me know that he killed a chicken a few days ago. :th She's had him for 5 yrs. . . .
I'm hoping that it's a once in every 5 yrs. event.. . he's cute though :D

Anyone else have a donkey?

OHH No, ahh donkey to add to your menagerie ! ! Why ? Well i do know why but how did it come about? He is good looking but need a good brushing. Should I come down and give him a go over ? Ha Ha my back surgery is in two weeks so that is out or I would visit. (PLUS I am busy making ART)

I would love a donkey and some goats but alas I can not even keep my birdie flock where I live. Debbie can I move to your place in Jacumba so i can care for and observe animals ?

Allison my neighbor just bought two donkeys to use as pack animals for their hike.

Last edited:
Soooooooooo....I bought a donkey. Very cute chap, named him "Boone". The previous owner delivered him from Lancaster. I basically bought him sight unseen...or at least not seen in person. I asked how he did with chickens PRIOR to my getting him. After he's unloaded, in my corral, payment made, the previous owner lets me know that he killed a chicken a few days ago.
th.gif
She's had him for 5 yrs. . . .
I'm hoping that it's a once in every 5 yrs. event.. . he's cute though
big_smile.png

Anyone else have a donkey?

Oooh He looks like he is part Poitu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poitou_donkey Very rare in the US .... I want a donkey or a mule to keep my mare Katee company.... I would name him Milton.... Milton Burro....
gig.gif
I do know donkeys need horses or other donkeys for company they grieve in a life without other equids. I dont remember do you have horses too?

deb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom