San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hi everyone,

Thankfully it's not as sweltering up here on Palomar, temps hovering around 80, got down the mountain
and Rincon is 94, SHEESH!! Makes the occasional snow easier to put up with realizing that.
My hens slowed down for a time, but are back in full swing, got a couple Guinea Hens from the feed store,
should have asked here first. oh well next time. I have two broooody Buff Silkies,
I swear they will try to hatch a GOLF BALL! Anyone have a bearded Buff Silky they want to loan out? will split eggs..
Hey I just got in a new shipment of green coffee beans and will bring some to next meet-up... (roasted I mean...)
Good Luck to everyone and stay cool!

Glenn
I mean a randy Buff Silkie ROO to loan out..

We need another meet up cause Im out of chef glenns coffee and I cant do this at the puter after today with his delish blends.
caf.gif

really it is however you want it.
most of the time just a place to have it.we have tried to do a pot luck but that hasent been real succesful but your welcome to do that..
if it is at a park just need to check that it is okay to have it their.if at your home you can set any rules you want.
one never knows how many will come.been to small ones and had big ones.they all have been fun.
somewhere around 25 at one and danas was huge maybe 70 peeps.Im totally guessing that number maybe more,had a lot of families.
on that one there was an auction table, prizes,trading of goods,of course chickens and a whole lot of chicken talk.
really one could open up there place and let it happen as it happens.
I always pack a snack lunch for the family and I dont worry about the rest,let it go as it goes.
hope this helps

Hello Everyone..
frow.gif
My name is Eva and I'm new to BYC. A little about me and my chicken adventures.I'm not entirely new to chickens. My kids and I had a small flock while they were growing up. We had mostly Old English Game Bantams, but also an assortment of larger hens. My kids have since grown up and I gave away all my stock during my divorce.
I have now entered into a new chapter in my life and my sweet sweet fiance' built me a new chicken coop.
love.gif
Now that's love...lol My first purchase was a trio of Lavender Cochin's and a Mottled Cochin hen. They are all very sweet. Then I purchased 12 newly hatches Millie chicks . OMG talk about cute! They are about 3 months old now and i cant decide which one is cutter than the other, because they are all so unique and spectacular.
I would like to meet others in my area who are raising Cochin's and learn more about theses pretty Lil things. I would love to join a meet up in the San Diego Area and I would love, love, love to get into showing my pretty Lil hens.My fiance and I show his pigeons already so showing my hens seems like the next natural thing to do.
D.gif
Well that's it for now...

Hey everyone I have an indexed 10 week old pekin I am sadly no longer able to keep I want it to go to a loving home if your interested please let me know.

Hello Everyone.. :frow My name is Eva and I'm new to BYC. A little about me and my chicken adventures.I'm not entirely new to chickens. My kids and I had a small flock while they were growing up. We had mostly Old English Game Bantams, but also an assortment of larger hens. My kids have since grown up and I gave away all my stock during my divorce.
I have now entered into a new chapter in my life and my sweet sweet fiance' built me a new chicken coop.:love Now that's love...lol My first purchase was a trio of Lavender Cochin's and a Mottled Cochin hen. They are all very sweet. Then I purchased 12 newly hatches Millie chicks . OMG talk about cute! They are about 3 months old now and i cant decide which one is cutter than the other, because they are all so unique and spectacular.
I would like to meet others in my area who are raising Cochin's and learn more about theses pretty Lil things. I would love to join a meet up in the San Diego Area and I would love, love, love to get into showing my pretty Lil hens.My fiance and I show his pigeons already so showing my hens seems like the next natural thing to do.:cd Well that's it for now...
:frow from Julian!! Sounds like you've got a lovely flock. Are they all bantam? wwmicasa1 raises beautiful bantam cochins. I have a couple of d'Uccles from her and they are as sweet as they are pretty. Our last meet up was June 1st. They're usually a few months apart. Just keep checking back. Eventually someone will find the need too great and will put one together. :lol: We're all very casual! Glad you got back into chickens. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials too!

Back
Top Bottom