AWESOME NEWS!!!
wee.gif

I now have 1 button!!!!
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif
big_smile.png
ya.gif
clap.gif

She hatched out just minutes ago, she is Yellowish Grey/Silver!
love.gif

I will post a picture once she drys off.
smile.png

Me SOOOO HAPPY!
ya.gif

Sorry, i'm out of picture time. I don't have a camera and I use my cell. My cell is prepaid and I used up my picture sending time.​

Quote:
Sorry, i'm out of picture time. I don't have a camera and I use my cell. My cell is prepaid and I used up my picture sending time.

Ugh, oh well!
I bet they're cute!
love.gif
big_smile.png

Coturnix Quail?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Sorry, i'm out of picture time. I don't have a camera and I use my cell. My cell is prepaid and I used up my picture sending time.

Ugh, oh well!
I bet they're cute!
love.gif
big_smile.png

Coturnix Quail?​

Yes, Cortunix. I have Jumbo Brown and Manchuren. Most of the Manchuren come out solid yellow. I have 1 that is striped. Anybody know what that means? My guess is the solid yellow ones are boys and the striped ones are girls. The solid yellow ones are bigger also.

Quote:
Ugh, oh well!
I bet they're cute!
love.gif
big_smile.png

Coturnix Quail?

Yes, Cortunix. I have Jumbo Brown and Manchuren. Most of the Manchuren come out solid yellow. I have 1 that is striped. Anybody know what that means? My guess is the solid yellow ones are boys and the striped ones are girls. The solid yellow ones are bigger also.

I wouldn't be knowing
hmm.png
Never had Coturnix quail. I'd like to some day though!
big_smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I know ..
love.gif

How is your silkie hatch going?
smile.png

well to maid it to lock down of the silkies and i have 4 mutt eggs with them. one mutt has pipped​

Ok, an update on my October hatch:

Day 7 for my 13 chicken eggs. Four of the eggs were shipped to me from Cali. Two are Silkie, good veining on both of them this morning. The other two are SLW covered by a Silkie roo. I can't see any veining on them yet, but gonna leave them in for now. Now, back to the 2 Silkie eggs....air cells on both were displaced. One looks normal now, no wiggling. But the other one...well, not so good. Here's a couple of pics:
37609_egg_candeling_pics_002.jpg

37609_egg_candeling_pics_003.jpg

Not sure how that will turn out....hoping for the best, cuz I this is the second time she has been kind enough to send me these eggs to try...I really want some of these silkies.

I also have 81 more Coturnix eggs in the bator. Day 3 for them. I put a 4 day gap between them and the chicken eggs, that way hopefully they'll all hatch out about the same time.

I was worried about my 31 remaining Coturnix chicks, seeing as how we had a big temp drop last night, but all 31 were present and accounted for this morning!
big_smile.png
I have the outside of the cage all covered with solid shelf liner--the thick rubbery kind, and also have a heavy blanket wrapped/draped around it. Got two bulbs going in there at all times for them. Seems to be working. So far the only ones out of that batch I've lost were the ones born sickly and weak.

Congrats to all of you with latest hatches, and good luck with future ones.
thumbsup.gif

Oh, wait, one more thing....Emvickrey----I also use those rubbery shelf liners in my brooders....have found another good use for them tho. Instead of cheesecloth or papertowels during lockdown....yep, you guessed it. I cut one to fit in my incubator. Used it last time. Worked GREAT....and way easy to clean afterward. Just thought you might like that.
wink.png
Just make sure to get the one with holes in it....that way it doesn't interfere with humidity.

Last edited:
Nice hatching everyone!! I didn't have good luck. I just went and candled the few I thought made it through the shipping disaster and none developed
sad.png

Now I am going to set some eggs I purchased from HinkJC white orps woohoo can't wait for these puppies to hatch...I'm soo excited!!

Back
Top Bottom