Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

He's from a small hen and roo... Yep 100% boy he hasn't started crowing yet but will soon... This is his parents...

Mom

Dad

posted this in the halloween hatch along but i thought i would share it here as well

OMG!!!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

I opened the incubator to check on the upside down pip and was hit by a HORRIBLE smell! The upside down pip is still alive and the smell wasn't coming from that egg. I took out the 3 serama that looked like they had collapsed air cells and opened the tops. All where dead, and sure enough one smelled terrible with a green yolk
sickbyc.gif

I cant stop smelling it!!!! I didn't touch the egg with my hands but I washed like a dozen times. The smell is in my cloths so I changed but I can STILL smell it! The incubator still definitely smells BAD and I'm worried about my other eggs.
he.gif

I'm really bummed about the 3 serama late quitters one even had a fully absorbed yolk
hit.gif

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

I opened the incubator to check on the upside down pip and was hit by a HORRIBLE smell! The upside down pip is still alive and the smell wasn't coming from that egg. I took out the 3 serama that looked like they had collapsed air cells and opened the tops. All where dead, and sure enough one smelled terrible with a green yolk
sickbyc.gif

I cant stop smelling it!!!! I didn't touch the egg with my hands but I washed like a dozen times. The smell is in my cloths so I changed but I can STILL smell it! The incubator still definitely smells BAD and I'm worried about my other eggs.
he.gif

I'm really bummed about the 3 serama late quitters one even had a fully absorbed yolk
hit.gif

update on hatch.
upside down piper is still alive. I chipped away some of the shell this morning so we'll see if that helps at all. Have two Serama and a serama X EE that externally piped last night
wee.gif

Have one new baby serama, but the other remaining egg pipped into a blood vessle
hit.gif

Waiting on the other eggs, but it looks like I'll have 2 more serama cross chicks by tonight.

The new baby seems to be black and has a very good chance of being silkied. The chick is still very wet so I'll take pictures when its a bit more fluffed up

Back
Top Bottom