Set 36 eggs tonight! Hatch-Along

melonboi

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 18, 2012
East Texas
Hi all, I set 6 Black Marans, 6 White Marsns and 25 Production Reds in my Humidaire model 20. I started with 40. I discarded one when I candled them that was really porous and oddly shaped. I put 4 under a broody hen and the rest are in the bater. I can't wait till the first candeling but I'm going to make myself wait till day 8.

frow.gif
I'm setting eggs tonight. A couple dozen speckled sussex and 2 black copper marans. Will kn ow the count for sure later tonight. Waiting for LG to get to the temp I want. House has been fluctating a lot because it is winter ( we heat with a wood stove and the outside temps are jumping around. )

final count at 10:30pm
28 speckled sussex
2 black copper marans

Last edited:
Well I canceled last night. I culled 8 eggs total. Seven were infertile and one was an early quitter so I have 28 going strong. Six if the eight were the reds and two were the white Marans. I am really happy with the results so far and am really glad I was able to pick all these eggs up in person instead of having them shipped.

Oops. Meant Candeled not cancelled lol
lau.gif

THanks for the clarification-- I couldn't figure out what I missed!! lol

I candled too, Less than half developing. THat's ok because some were really cold when collected, possibly a bit frozen, and some were really old.

I will candle to night and toss the clears.

I candled the SS again: pulling the clears, including a couple with blood rings. :( The remaining 12-13 are getting dark and have veining.

As for the BCM- one is getting dark, the other is a clear.

Added 15 more SS.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom