Set eggs today Saturday 2/22 - anyone else?

Smithyard Farm

Songster
12 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Pembroke NH
I have 48 eggs in the bator!!
jumpy.gif
all kinds... EEs, OEs, gold laced wyandottes and a bunch of mutt marans.

anyone else setting today??

I set 40 eggs yesterday 35 of them were shipped I am hoping I have a good hatch what kind of hatch do you plan on doing?

I just set 24 in incubator. 12 were shipped, all had detached air cells. I am crossing my fingers they hatch! The shipped eggs are bantam cochins and the rest are backyard mix chickens. So our due date is March 15th!

I just set 24 in incubator. 12 were shipped, all had detached air cells. I am crossing my fingers they hatch! The shipped eggs are bantam cochins and the rest are backyard mix chickens. So our due date is March 15th!

the last time I had shipped eggs, I had the same thing happen. I didn't turn them for a week or so....

sally sunshine has a great post for shipped eggs if you haven't seen it yet....

Yeah I have seen her post I do not plan on turning for at 4-5 days I really hope the chicks make it but I have learned not to get my hopes up they are at 102 degrees 25percent humidity. I have a still air so that is the recommended temp. I have 5 eggs due to hatch this weekend two look good so far possibly three I don't have much hope for the other two but left them in anyway.

I set 25 eggs (duck and chicken eggs) to hatch on March 13th! Fingers crossed for a good hatch!!!

Cool we will all hatch around th esame time what kind of incubator, What kind of chickens? What kind of ducks I will be trying ducks in the future have someone who will give me muscovy eggs

Incubator: Little Giant Still Air
Chickens: Swedish Flower Hens
Bantams: Cochin & Barred Rock
Ducks: Khaki Campbell

I set 12 on the 21st and 2 on the 22nd. 9 D'uccle, 1 Welsummer, and 4 F2 Olive Eggers. Had the incubator running more than 24 hours before I set the eggs. It was at 102 degrees and 58% humidity the whole time. I set the eggs and everything went wonky. The temp was jumping between 97 and 104. Almost 24 hours later and it's back at 102. I hope the jumping temps didn't mess the eggs up. I never had this problem with the last incubator I used.

Back
Top Bottom