Setting eggs, anyone want to join me? Hatch-Along

I have one that looks like him too...
ep.gif
RIR /BR with a little frost bite

YES!!! I have been trying to figure out what he was for the longest time!!! He's the best!!! :D

5 chicks hatched out of 14 eggs. I'm glad because I don't have too many to worry about, and I'm also glad because my Silkie hen (Who had been broody 2 or 3 weeks ago, and still occasionally made "mommy" sounds) decided to adopt them! Yay!
ya.gif
Now my Mojo is happy, happy mommy, and I have a lighter work load!
big_smile.png

Gathering eggs for my next hatch! I've got 9 BBS bantam cochins, 13 shipped bantam BRs, 12 of my own eggs to check for fertility, and 6 bantam polish coming tomorrow!

Thanks for reminding me!
I am setting my D'uccle eggs as I collect them. They are cockerel/pullet eggs, so not expecting any to develop, but I'm hoping!
fl.gif

Updating since I haven't stopped in for a while :)
My broody is still sitting and her eggs are due to hatch on the 21st. I'm not sure how successful she'll be though. She's reused to get up to poo, so she's doing it while she's sitting and moving away after. I pitched one egg bc she took a massive dump on it :/ I've tried kicking her off, but when I remove her she just wiggles back onto nothing and doesn't do anything. So she's got 3 eggs left. I've found one left out too cool (probably more than one) but, I just push them back under her. This is her first time and she's proven to be a bit of a hassle. I'll be happy if she hatches just one chick, then I wont have to deal with her anymore :barnie
Nikki

Back
Top Bottom