Setting eggs, anyone want to join me? Hatch-Along

Thats what I figured too. It's just so dry. I even had a "tent" with a humidifier and that still didn't help. Now I have a kitchen towel folded up and wet. It seems to be working. The humidity is up to 70% now. I just figure whatever eggs were strong enough to make it till now are just taking longer to develop all the way. I had 20 silkie eggs that I bought from here but now I'm down to about 4 that are still moving inside. It's just sad to to think that all thoses poor little babies didn't make it.

If they were shipped smaller eggs seem to get damaged easily, So far out of 12 barred rocks 7 made it to the lock down hoping they all hatch. I heard tractor supply will be getting there chicks in at the end of Feb...is anyone familiar with what they will be selling?

They usually have barred rocks, white leghorns, brahmas, orpingtons, "ameraucana" and a shipment if assorted bantams. Is what our TSC usually carries.

Last edited:
They usually have barred rocks, white leghorns, brahmas, orpingtons, "ameraucana" and a shipment if assorted bantams. Is what our TSC usually carries.

Thank u! now I'll have to do some planning
big_smile.png

I have a RIR rooster, Silky rooster but I don't think he gets any action and the main rooster is a mutt but stunning.

Here he is.

The hens are Amberlinks, Golden Comets, Leghorn, Partridge, Ameraucana, Australorp and I have one Brahma...oh and some of the Tetra Tints from TSC last year. I've not had anyone go broody to hatch so the bunch I incubated that hatched on Thanks giving turned out looking pretty cool. I've got one that looks like the the Amberlink but with the barring of the rooster in the picture, just on the neck. Super cool looking. Two of the latest hatch have feathered legs and one chick is super heavy compared to the others and is super fuzzy, very dense, not like the others. I'd love to have a female Silky and Polish to throw into the mix.

I have a RIR rooster, Silky rooster but I don't think he gets any action and the main rooster is a mutt but stunning.

Here he is.

The hens are Amberlinks, Golden Comets, Leghorn, Partridge, Ameraucana, Australorp and I have one Brahma...oh and some of the Tetra Tints from TSC last year. I've not had anyone go broody to hatch so the bunch I incubated that hatched on Thanks giving turned out looking pretty cool. I've got one that looks like the the Amberlink but with the barring of the rooster in the picture, just on the neck. Super cool looking. Two of the latest hatch have feathered legs and one chick is super heavy compared to the others and is super fuzzy, very dense, not like the others. I'd love to have a female Silky and Polish to throw into the mix.

I have one that looks like him too...
ep.gif
RIR /BR with a little frost bite

My second egg hatched out and my RIR/BR rooster has to be the daddy and the mom was a white jersey mix . That should be a huge bird, it has a red hed with yellow fluffy body right now, excited to see what it will look like in a few months

Y'all are lucky, the tractor supply in my area doesn't even do chick days (which might be a good thing as far as my impulse buying goes). They'll order POL pullets and that's it- production reds, Sexlinks, white leghorns and BR. And are they ever EXPENSIVE! I could buy already laying hens off craigslist for what they charge :oops:
Nikki

Back
Top Bottom