Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Chicken poo is a bigger problem than we imagined.

https://www.sustainweb.org/news/apr...ce-as-much-excrement-as-10-largest-uk-cities/

Excerpt: "One of the agribusinesses we analysed creates more faecal waste than the human population of Wales and Scotland combined. It is absolutely shocking how little regulation or scrutiny they face. They can pass their waste on – untreated – to farmers or landowners and make it their problem, washing their hands of responsibility. We found that none have policies to ensure the waste they export doesn’t end up in polluted catchments and ultimately rivers."

Nest Box Insulation Pad.
I made a new one.
EPDM sheet 1.5mm but thicker is fine.
Space blanket. I'll be wearing the rest if it doesn't warm up soon.
Double sided tape.
Fix double sided tape to EPDM sheet and then when the protective backing is removed press it onto the foil. The other way round is very troublesome.
Mat goes in nest box foil side underneath.
P5010679.JPG
P5010680.JPG
P5010681.JPG
P5010682.JPG
P5010683.JPG

Rain all afternoon.:rolleyes: We got out for an hour or so. Everyone went home damp. Henry retired an hour early again with Carbon followinf close behind.
Mow went digging. I stood around watching out for her ( I thought this was Henry's job :rant) Camera lens wet. Hands wet.
Need to be at the field at 10.30am tomorrow to explain to a local student project what the field is about. Looks like it's going to be raining in the morning.
Fret has been getting donations from Mow I discovered as I got the insulation pad in place. She's sitting on six eggs now.
P5010685.JPG
P5010686.JPG
P5010687.JPG
P5010689.JPG

It worked, the stick is welded to the plate..lol Practice makes perfect, though. I tried once, it was pretty therapeutic. :)
The stick is supposed to be melted in a line to weld metal together. I caused a short and the electrode stuck to the plate. I couldn't detach it, so i just shut the entire unit off before the whole thing melted.

Nest Box Insulation Pad.
I made a new one.
EPDM sheet 1.5mm but thicker is fine.
Space blanket. I'll be wearing the rest if it doesn't warm up soon.
Double sided tape.
Fix double sided tape to EPDM sheet and then when the protective backing is removed press it onto the foil. The other way round is very troublesome.
Mat goes in nest box foil side underneath.
View attachment 3818162View attachment 3818163View attachment 3818164View attachment 3818165View attachment 3818166
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom