Jannalifeday

Simple Life Farmstead, loving & growing our 'stead
Apr 25, 2021
NE Oklahoma
Hello! My name is Janna, also known as JC1776.

I am a Torah Observant Hebrew Roots Christian, a wife, mother of 3 grown boys (but I'm still young!), and a Registered Nurse for a Christian nonprofit providing free Healthcare to those without insurance.

My husband, KC and I are shepherds of Simple Life Farmstead (on FB and Instagram), a farm homestead in progress in NE Oklahoma. We also own a prepping/survival company, Green Country Preparedness (on FB, Instagram, Bear Nation and Viking Preparedness).

We are really just starting our journey and look forward to learning from all of you!

Welcome to BYC Janna, it's very nice to meet you. My mother's parents were Orthodox, grandma was a fantastic cook, grandpa had the voice and training to be a cantor. But he ended up working on engines at the steel mill.

My mother kept a kosher kitchen when we lived in Chicago and there were many kosher butchers. When we moved away over 50 years ago to a suburb, no kosher butchers, no Shuls, except for one quite a distance away.

There is a Hallah butcher shop in our area and I understand Hallah and Kosher are just about interchangeable but too expensive for my Social Security check. I have observed Yom Kippur, fasting every year since I was 12. I'm in my 70's. I find the best way to endure a long fast is to sleep through it.

BYC has a thread concerning Kosher cooking etc. but, can't recall the real title.

Back
Top Bottom