Should I get a second opinion on my horse’s sensitivity?

Thank you all for your answers! I think, with everything that has been said, I am going to go ahead with the second opinion and full work up. I really appreciate this community and all its knowledgeable members! When/if I get some answers, I will definitely post again.
(Also, I’m adding two pictures of him working, even if it kinda is too late!)
He's so gorgeous! I really hope you can figure out what's going on, poor guy. Have his teeth been floated?

Wow, 32 horses! I think I’d lose my mind! The local vet unfortunately can’t officially diagnose ulcers due to the lacking equipment and space, but she did put him on omeprazole early on in his symptoms. However, I’ve been told that omeprazole doesn’t always work on ulcers if the horse had had them a long time or if it’s in the hind gut. I don’t know how true that is though.
Anyway, thanks for the input! You sound like you’ve seen it all! I really like this horse and I’m hoping I do right by him and get him happy, so I really appreciate the help!
Very true omperazole paste is only effective 68% of the time orally..injectable or pantaprazole injectable ( used much shorter period of time it is used in human meds prior to surgery if person has a hx of esrd) much more effectove. Omeprazole with one of two other meds with diet change..also if stalled see if there is something preventing good rest ( bright lights, regular loud noises - a working quarry) etc can all make horses sensitive

we have horses you cant use a rub rag or can only use a rub rag only use a super soft curry or body brush or water brush or etc. There are very few that tolerate all

one more thing mostly goes away in winter..do you all have swarms of no-see-ums or other barely visible but highly annoying biting flies..they may leave no marks but leave the horse with a very heightened reaction to touch

Back
Top Bottom