Sick turkey chick!

It's still flabby looking. It doesn't look like water belly it looks like flabby skin but it feels mushy he seems a little better this morning he ate a little. I have never raised a turkey so I am at a loss. I will post a picture
IMG_20240510_102555355_HDR.jpg

I would keep up with trying to get him to eat and drink. Keep him warm. How is his poop? Runny? Mucoid? Bloody? Did you happen to examine his belly and see if you can see any yolk sack or “bellybutton” type opening? Sometimes they can get an infection in the yolk sack or navel and that could cause swelling of the abdomen.

I have never raised turkey either, so I hope someone has better advice for you here.

I would keep up with trying to get him to eat and drink. Keep him warm. How is his poop? Runny? Mucoid? Bloody? Did you happen to examine his belly and see if you can see any yolk sack or “bellybutton” type opening? Sometimes they can get an infection in the yolk sack or navel and that could cause swelling of the abdomen.

I have never raised turkey either, so I hope someone has better advice for you here.
I looked but don't see anything out of the ordinary. I posted a better picture he is actually moving around a lot more so it's hard to get a good one

I looked but don't see anything out of the ordinary. I posted a better picture he is actually moving around a lot more so it's hard to get a good one
His poop is runny right now but I did give him vitamins in his water

That’s a plus. I hope he moves in the right direction. He has a heat source he can be in if he wants, right? Like a brooder plate or heat lamp? And maybe grit, incase he ate something he shouldn’t have like bedding?

That’s a plus. I hope he moves in the right direction. He has a heat source he can be in if he wants, right? Like a brooder plate or heat lamp? And maybe grit, incase he ate something he shouldn’t have like bedding?
We had bad storms last night so no power since 3am so no heat but I have been holding him and keeping him warm until he needs to eat. I will pick up some grit when I go to town. He seems to be doing good just has that swollen belly

Back
Top Bottom