Sniff sexing?

Interesting! Thanks for the link.
New farm dog trick! I do chicken math on the side but my career is with dogs. This is not thousands of dollars of training like an assistant dog. This would be totally worth the money on a small farm! A dog trainer could really make a name for themselves exploring this uncharted territory! Heck, the rooster dilemma is becoming an animal welfare dilemma in the UK and absolutely a topic of science here!

The male chicks aren't wasted. They are used in animal feed. However, having the ability to save resources by not having to incubate would be a cost savings to the hatcheries. Interesting technology

The male chicks aren't wasted. They are used in animal feed. However, having the ability to save resources by not having to incubate would be a cost savings to the hatcheries. Interesting technology
They aren't wasted in certain situations and operations but I promise, for the people who operate on 50 and below there is most certainly a "rooster conundrum". 😆

I wish my dependency on dinner absolutely required the consistent processing of roosters. But at the end of the day it doesn't. I'd rather put an egg in the freezer on day 11 then have to chop its head off after hatching it out and raising it until it crows 🥺

Back
Top Bottom