Some back yard flock photos taken Saturday 4-23-11 - HEAVY PIX ALERT!

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
This is a small portion of the back yard Chicken Compound at the Olmstead Homestead, and just a few of its denizens.

Broody Day 3 for a Blue Orpington in THE favorite nest box on my back porch.
41679_broodyblueorp.jpg

This is the grow-out coop where I just put out my BR, RIR and Brown Leghorn pullets - they're hiding upstairs in the coop, because the grown up visitors were somewhat daunting.
41679_2jg-georgebrenda-coop.jpg

I shooed 'em along so the girls could come down for feed and water, and get used to their new digs.
41679_3roos1hen-bycoop-frombehind.jpg

This is my only bantam Barnevelder, only this pullet survived the cocci outbreak of a couple months ago. HHandbasket keeps threatening to steal her - she has a bantam Barnie cockerel.
41679_bantambarnie.jpg

And another view of her.
41679_bantambarnie1.jpg

Little Bit, my bantam Dark Brahma and Becky, the bantam EE who looks SO much like my LF EE hens, Rebecca and her daughter Samantha. Just littler.
41679_bantams-ee-darkbrahma.jpg

Bartholomew and George, two ends of the roo size continuum!
41679_bartholomew-george.jpg

Bartholomew, striding off to look for a hefty lady to romance.
41679_bartholomew.jpg

41679_bunchachickens1-4-23.jpg

41679_bunchachickens4-23.jpg

Frick checking out the BOSS.
41679_frack-boss.jpg

He's such a pretty little boy, isn't he??? His twin, Frack, has less gold on his back.
41679_frack-boss-best.jpg

41679_jgroo-bantambarnie-bantamee.jpg

Lola, currently my only LF Cochin. (I have four LF gold-laced Cochin chicks in a brooder, 3 pullets and a roo....)
41679_lola4-23.jpg

NYD hatch of 4 Trader Joe's eggs: 3 White Leghorn pullets and a roo, plus their 'bator & brooder mate. They like to roost in the trees during the day.
41679_nyd-treechickens1.jpg

This is the best shot of many taken. They are far over my head.
41679_nyd-treechickensbest.jpg

Longer view of part of the Chicken Compound. (Like my bottle tree?)
41679_partofchickencompound.jpg

Another shot - I tried to get more of the chickens into it.
41679_partoftheyard.jpg

One of my two splash Jersey Giants.
41679_splashjgroo4-23.jpg

Oh, so THAT'S what Frick was up here for!
41679_splashjgroo-boss.jpg

We got BOSS!
41679_wegotboss.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed seeing these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. I need to take more of the rest of the flock and compound.

What fun you must have there, Linda! They look great! I don't much care for bantams, but I gotta say ..... that bantam Dark Brahma girl of yours (Little Bit) is just gorgeous!
love.gif
I love the tree dwellers you have, too!

Thanks for sharing with us!
hugs.gif

They look great! You are right those TJ's look pretty nice. The little Barnvelder is very pretty too!

Thanks for posting them!

Quote:
This is not ALL of the flock, trust me. Nor is it ALL of the Chicken Compound.

The big coop is not yet finished nor occupied. Farmer Lew has been busy with his and HHandbasket's move - plus building a nifty coop under their deck!!! for their flock up in the foothills.

Back
Top Bottom