Spitzhaubens

This is Fraulein she was nice and and sweet...
abi.PNG
Below is Kato she always tries to beat me up.
13b.PNG

I hatched 2 more that are babies, I don't know them yet though...

Here’s my solo chick, now 6 weeks. She’s a loner now that she’s been weaned. Well I say “she” but that it yet to be determined.
1E71E9C4-AE24-4FE6-9A42-951756884CCC.jpeg
This pic shows her real mom and her adoptive mom, sharing a nest box. Adoptive mom completely ignores her now. As does the rest of the flock. On the plus side, no one bullies her.
7ADEFE0D-970B-4FDA-8E5D-6F1BA4B3322A.jpeg

My girl is still brooding. I've given her this last egg chance. If the egg or chick doesn't make it, I'm breaking her. I've never had a bird nest this long and I don't want her to go too far.

Here are the 5 mixes I got though to hatch in may. I know I have 2 males (both the blues) and 1 female, hoping the other 2 are female but I'm not too sure.
20210709_095718.jpg
20210709_095841.jpg
20210709_095730.jpg

20210709_100013.jpg
20210709_100010.jpg

My girl is still brooding. I've given her this last egg chance. If the egg or chick doesn't make it, I'm breaking her. I've never had a bird nest this long and I don't want her to go too far.

Here are the 5 mixes I got though to hatch in may. I know I have 2 males (both the blues) and 1 female, hoping the other 2 are female but I'm not too sure.
View attachment 2758185View attachment 2758183View attachment 2758184
View attachment 2758186View attachment 2758188
I am terrible at guessing sex. :idunno

This is not related to Spitzhaubens in any way, but I thought I'd share what our son did for a science project this year. He wanted to use our Spitz, but Poof Poof decided to go broody instead. (After 4 years, I have no idea why this year motherhood finally appealed to her!) I know a Spitz has the ability to do well in this type of project, so you may want to try with your own flock.

DS initially trained a couple different chickens but Styx was the best candidate. The 2 orps were slow to pick up on new things (and kept trying to just eat the food or peck at the clicker). The Leghorn was ok but would freeze up or get distracted easily. Our serama Popcorn was by far the smartest..... but she couldn't peck hard enough to work the keyboard. I know he'd love to get some views and likes. He ended up winning Grand Champion for his piano-playing chicken.

So here's the Amazing Styx

This is not related to Spitzhaubens in any way, but I thought I'd share what our son did for a science project this year. He wanted to use our Spitz, but Poof Poof decided to go broody instead. (After 4 years, I have no idea why this year motherhood finally appealed to her!) I know a Spitz has the ability to do well in this type of project, so you may want to try with your own flock.

DS initially trained a couple different chickens but Styx was the best candidate. The 2 orps were slow to pick up on new things (and kept trying to just eat the food or peck at the clicker). The Leghorn was ok but would freeze up or get distracted easily. Our serama Popcorn was by far the smartest..... but she couldn't peck hard enough to work the keyboard. I know he'd love to get some views and likes. He ended up winning Grand Champion for his piano-playing chicken.

That was just wonderful!!!! And so precious 💕❤️😍

So cute - I went in and liked it on YouTube directly as well.

Back
Top Bottom