Stall Dry, my new best friend...

Just type in "Diatomaceous Earth” in the search part of the web site, it will come right up!
big_smile.png

Quote:
DE is a blessing for sure! I will warn you about Custom Millings prices though. The $24.95 for the 50# doesn't sound bad until they tack that $27 to $30 shipping cost onto it. I know they can't help the shipping costs, it's just the way the shipping is now, but it does turn your good deal into not so good of one. If you don't mind paying that high shipping, then go for it! If you do, try spatcher here on BYC. He sells it for a good price and the shipping is included. Just FYI!
smile.png

I am so excited to have found Stall Dry!! I went to TSC just to see if they still had chicks (not that I need more
wink.png
). On a whim, I asked the lady if the sold DE. Like others, she looked at me like I had 2 heads. I was browsing around, saw the Stall Dry and read the label- lo and behold, DE!! Woohoo! I bought some with the intentions of double checking here to make sure it's safe for my girls, so I'm thrilled to already find these threads.
big_smile.png

Stall Dry is great stuff! I have both Stall Dry and DE that I use at the same time. Works great in garden too!

I can not find Stall Dry in my area so I had to drive out of town for that because there is no TSC in my area.

What section will this be in at TSC? I just did a search on their website but it isn't showing up. Which that doesn't always mean they don't have it, but I don't know where to look at the store.

I found it towards the back of my store, near where they had bags of wood pellets and salt licks. Mine's a red bag.

Good luck finding it! I was as thrilled as if I'd hit a pot of gold.
lol.png

Just to verify...this is safe for the chickens, right, even though it is the regular kind of DE, not the food-grade? The only difference between the food-grade and regular is that the food-grade kills mites, etc during dirt baths and the regular doesn't because it is granular? I have always heard food grade only and just (naively?) figured that the regular was bad for the chickens. If I can safely use this in the coop and run area to keep it dry and fly-free, then I'm going on a mission to find this stuff locally!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
You can find the stall dry at TSC usually in the goat section. Sometimes it is on the very back wall near the salt licks. I found stall dry by accident when we were browsing in TSC for some other things. Read the label and the lightbulb went on
celebrate.gif

The feed store I normally go to will be ordering the food grade DE soon. That I'll use for dusting the chickens.

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom