Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
Part of the risks one accepts with this lifestyle and management. Grey foxes have been here longer than I have.

At least its "pretty"?
True.

The deer were here first, but farmers can shoot them out of season if the deer are damaging the crops.

I don't know what level of damage they need to prove, or if they have to prove anything.

True.

The deer were here first, but farmers can shoot them out of season if the deer are damaging the crops.

I don't know what level of damage they need to prove, or if they have to prove anything.
Ours have to wait until hunting season. Once that comes, they bring their whole extended family. Anyone that can get a tag does and they get as many as they can every season

Fox are one of the only fur bearing mammals we can't touch here in Florida. Pretty much everything else we can take if it is doing property damage, is about to do property damage, or just because (hogs, a few others). Also can't touch a few turtles and some odd ball critters people don't see often. Everything else, as the Byrd's song goes, has a season...

I often have white tailed deer in my front yard. 10-20 feet off the front porch. They are pretty, but wow, can they be destructive!

I used to feel ... sorry? for deer during hunting season. Someone told me, "If you were their food, they would hunt you. Any season, any way that they could."

Back
Top Bottom