Surviving Minnesota!

Yep. The DH pulled into the driveway, picked up some building stuff and was pulling out when I went to check on Tom making such a racket. I did not mention that the other day the DH made it to his truck safely. I walked over toward the parking pad because Tom was mad! As the DH is pulling out with the truck Tom is kicking the back tire! Incredible!

Frozen strawberries and blueberries in muffin tins (left overs from my baking morning this past week) and have been putting them outside today in their water. Of course they are loving that. I am going to do some for the dogs too.
Hahaha! wow, he hates your DH! lol

OOhhh yeah, that's right, frozen fruit in their water, i got to go do that. I was suppose to mow today when I got home. I'm home, it just rained, now what?
idunno.gif

Hahaha! That would be fun!

I'll try to help :)

I meant like what kind of cam, - It is a webcam
where did she put it - I put it in the center of my run, I bought an acrylic globe which I put over the top of it to keep the dust off of it. I have it mounted pretty low, maybe a couple feet off of the ground.
Is it like a nanny cam turned chicken cam? - where can I get one, how do I put it up and connect it to my phone, laptop, etc.....,. - this is the one I bought off of Amazon Wansview in the reviews there was a dude that had good directions on how to hook it up (my DH did it). I also had to get a WIFI range extender as the coop is approximately 125ft from the house so our WIFI could not reach it. the extender is in the garage which is closest part of the house to the coop.

Type in Web Cam in the search for the forum for more information, many people have many different cameras. on mine, the only thing is the audio does not work, never has, but I don't really need it.

Here are some photos from my Hencam:
This winter:

From just now:

To see the henhouse you need to look through some hardware cloth, as my run can be split in 2.
The globe is a little dusty right now, but still is fun! love my hencam!
wee.gif

How will the babies get out of the tree?

@I Love Layers I like the last two hutches, they look sturdier. :)
Oh how fun, say
ya.gif
Hi from us
big_smile.png
. need some photos if you are picking up chickens!

OMG! I love the idea!!!.....but (there's always a but...) I need to figure out how to get electricity to the coop first
sad.png
the fact that my one grey horse will chew on anything that is not supposed to be chewed on....when we were building the coop, I couldn't use any power tools that needed an extension cord because I couldn't get him to leave the cord alone! WE talked about burying it, but the ground here is not only rocky but FULL of tree roots. My hubby said to bring it over the roof and then up into the tree where he can't reach but that just seems like so much work ! (darn horse!) I will figure something out...the chicken cam idea would give us a never ending comedy show I am sure! THANKS!

Quote:

OMG! I love the idea!!!.....but (there's always a but...) I need to figure out how to get electricity to the coop first
sad.png
the fact that my one grey horse will chew on anything that is not supposed to be chewed on....when we were building the coop, I couldn't use any power tools that needed an extension cord because I couldn't get him to leave the cord alone! WE talked about burying it, but the ground here is not only rocky but FULL of tree roots. My hubby said to bring it over the roof and then up into the tree where he can't reach but that just seems like so much work ! (darn horse!) I will figure something out...the chicken cam idea would give us a never ending comedy show I am sure! THANKS!
Yeah, electricity is really nice out there. we buried ours, we have clay and rocks, but no roots. I have 3 fans out there running right now, 2 facing out, 1 facing in to try and cool those poor girls off. gotta go check then in a couple minutes before I go to bed.

What a beautiful morning!

I know it will be getting hot today, but the morning was perfect. Great sunrise and 60 degrees, no clouds.

Roosters crowing. Now if only Judy was awake to fix me coffee and serve it to me. Instead of me having to make my own.

I have an invader I need dead!

We spent over $500 on fruit trees a few weeks ago. I have been fighting this belly button since.

He refuses to listen to reason. He has nibbled on all of them. He has eaten the baby pears I was counting on eating myself. I guess it is better to prune off the fruit on a new transplant so maybe he was helping me...

He is not afraid of us. I have walked to within 30-40 ft of him before he turns and WALKS away. He does not even have the decency to run with his tail up! I told him if this keeps up someone will stumble on his body in the woods. It will appear he was gut shot and left to die.

I spent another $500 on fencing to keep him away. I bought 10 ft poles so I can get 7 foot high fences. I am going to try electric first. I hate to have to use my netting on him! I bought some treated 2x4's to add an extension the fence and go 10-12 ft high if I have too.

He has no manners. Anyone that wants him feel free to come and get him. If you have to shot him to catch him, I sure won't tell the friendly neighborhood Game Warden..

I have an invader I need dead! We spent over $500 on fruit trees a few weeks ago. I have been fighting this belly button since. He refuses to listen to reason. He has nibbled on all of them. He has eaten the baby pears I was counting on eating myself. I guess it is better to prune off the fruit on a new transplant so maybe he was helping me... He is not afraid of us. I have walked to within 30-40 ft of him before he turns and WALKS away. He does not even have the decency to run with his tail up! I told him if this keeps up someone will stumble on his body in the woods. It will appear he was gut shot and left to die. I spent another $500 on fencing to keep him away. I bought 10 ft poles so I can get 7 foot high fences. I am going to try electric first. I hate to have to use my netting on him! I bought some treated 2x4's to add an extension the fence and go 10-12 ft high if I have too. He has no manners. Anyone that wants him feel free to come and get him. If you have to shot him to catch him, I sure won't tell the friendly neighborhood Game Warden..
Shoot him in the butt with a bb gun

Morning . I am still on the west coast visiting . I have been checking out local plant nurseries plus local wild berries . So many more options out here in zone 8 . Salmon berries are ripe here . Not really great tasting but fair . A raspberry relative native to the west coast . Likes moist areas near water but they get lots of rain out here so they are everywhere . Invasive blackberries out here . Acres of them in bloom . So a berry lovers paradise . Got to taste several types of tame berries at the nurseries .

Morning peeps!
Ralphie, oh no, not the new fruit trees!
barnie.gif

Jerry, sounds like a wonderful trip so far, who takes care of all your birds while you are gone?

Off to go shopping
hmm.png
hate shopping. but what can you do, don't really want to be out too much in the heat today. Stay cool everyone, Mowing yesterday dang near killed me (I push mow, DH rides) it was taxing. see ya later.

I am done work for the day, Too darn hot now!

I moved one batch of CLB's to the integration pen. These are the ones without the recessive white in them. I gave the others twice as much room now and two coops for right now,

The heat has affected Judy's brain. I just came in to have a quick lunch and some ice water.... I can not start drinking Mike's for another 10 minutes or so..

She said "look what I found"..

And she shows me a couple chickens on swings in a coop... She then said "they are having so much fun! Why don't we have them".

I replied, "I don't know."

She then says " well, get them some our chickens needs swings too"..

Hopefully she will forget about them.

I am done work for the day, Too darn hot now!

I moved one batch of CLB's to the integration pen. These are the ones without the recessive white in them. I gave the others twice as much room now and two coops for right now,

The heat has affected Judy's brain. I just came in to have a quick lunch and some ice water.... I can not start drinking Mike's for another 10 minutes or so..

She said "look what I found"..

And she shows me a couple chickens on swings in a coop... She then said "they are having so much fun! Why don't we have them".

I replied, "I don't know."

She then says " well, get them some our chickens needs swings too"..

Hopefully she will forget about them.

Swings for the chickens are a great idea !

Back
Top Bottom