Surviving Minnesota!

Swings for the chickens are a great idea !

Maybe you and Judy could make them and put them in then,,,,,
lau.gif
gig.gif

I picked a quart of Juneberries this morning . They plant them as ornamental out here .Most productive compact tree / shrub I have seen . Bushes from knee high to 6 foot with branches bending under the weight . Bigger berries than most that I have seen . Seeds coming home .

I have a very dependable chore person . Not great about collecting eggs but then no one has been .

Hello fellow chickeners. Hope u all had a great week and are having an even better weekend!

I have had a "fun" week... we had Vacation Bible School at our church this week and they always have the youth group help teachers and with games and crafts ect. There was about 70 kids so everyone stayed busy lol!

Have also had a good start to the weekend. Yesterday I went swimming and tubing with some friends and today we went swimming and to a pow wow. It was so much fun! I officially love pow wows! I might as well embrace my heritage instead of push it away lol.

@MinnesotaNice have u gotten any ducklings?

@duluthralphie have your eggs from Porter gone in the incubator?

I'm gonna try upload some pics in a little but... No poultry pics but some of the garden...

Hello fellow chickeners. Hope u all had a great week and are having an even better weekend!

I have had a "fun" week... we had Vacation Bible School at our church this week and they always have the youth group help teachers and with games and crafts ect. There was about 70 kids so everyone stayed busy lol!

Have also had a good start to the weekend. Yesterday I went swimming and tubing with some friends and today we went swimming and to a pow wow. It was so much fun! I officially love pow wows! I might as well embrace my heritage instead of push it away lol.

@MinnesotaNice have u gotten any ducklings?

@duluthralphie have your eggs from Porter gone in the incubator?

I'm gonna try upload some pics in a little but... No poultry pics but some of the garden...

Erli.. I bet you two could make cute little swings. I have a million things more important to me than swings. Judy and I seldom have the same idea on what needs to be done and when.

Pow-wows are interesting and can be fun. I have not been to one in 15 years or so now.

Yeppers the Porter eggs are in the incubator. Chicks should start hatching tomorrow.

I moved a bunch of birds this afternoon, None of them seem happy tonight. Too bad they don't have a swing to work out their aggression on... I thought Bert was going to attack me tonight, He was not happy when I captured 3 BA hens to move them to the layer coop. They escaped and were in Berts pen when I caught them with the net they screamed and cried and Bert came running. I have never seen him so upset. I actually had to put my hand into his face and back him off.

King George came running too but he was on the other side the fence. I find it amazing how the roosters run to protect the hens, even if they are no theirs. Ed was moved tonight to a new pen, Green grass and I hope it stays drier for a while, until I can move him again. I wanted to give him a butt fuzz trimming but he was upset enough with the move. Trying to trim his butt might have been a bridge too far at this time.

I had to move Ethel and her eggs, I have no idea if she will take them back or not. I really do not care, I was going to give her guinea eggs in a few days. This way if she takes them she is in a place she can raise them.

Oh, I took some pictures of the blue egg gene rooster, I think Dandilioness wants it, if not it is up for grabs. It is an interesting bird, with a great pedigree. Grandson of Ole, son of Sven. What more is there to say.

Oh, his name is Dusty... But I doubt he knows it, if someone wants to change it. The neighbors 4 year old named him.

Good morning people

no one has posted this morning and my first instinct was to close. Then I thought duh, I get to be first!!

A bear was here again last night, it didn't even wait until dark. It knocked down a bird feeder and was going to leave when we all went to the patio door then it came back and sat down next to the feeder, eventually it left because of the barking dog. Its getting too used to people and will end up shot. This is the 4th time this spring we've had bears or a bear in the yard. That we know of. I guess it hasn't noticed the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom