Surviving Minnesota!

Quote: Ralphie, he is beautiful! Of course all the good looking ones are Roo's...

One time my daughter was like, why in nature do all of the males look better than the females except for people? I said, it is true with people as well, how many men do you see walking around needing to wear make up? They look better naturally, most women are hideous without makeup. lol She was like. hmmmm that is true! :) I could be biased though in that I think men are better looking, seeing as i'm a women. Oh, and I don't ever wear makeup, and I am pretty hideous so I can say that...

Erlibird and ralphie. I built a swing... They did not touch it. Time not well spent. I still have it. Maybe the young curious ones will give it a go this fall/ winter when they are snowed in.

Ralphie with you're great grandma heritage hunting season starts in July for you doesn't it? Erli the bear issues had me take down all my wild bird feeding. Deer also were getting good at helping themselves. We have fruit trees now and I have them individually fenced but I don't think their smell carries as well as feed and Boss. So no issues lately.

But also, Sadie... She is a barker. Highly territorial. This is the first year I've not had garden flowers, hostas, hydrangeas not nibbled on. I'm sure it's our dog that's making the difference. The only wild life I've seen in the yard since her arrival has been a painted turtle laying eggs this week.
I think you're right only the youngsters would use the swing.

I agree with the posters who have commented that the wild birds shouldn't be feed during the warm months, except for a hummingbird feeder. My husband likes to feed birds year round and he wanted to see the bear and wasn't happy when the dog barked and scared the bear away.

Jerry, there is reference to your swimming exploits in the newly issued "Ameraucana Handbook".

Ralphie, the Juneberry or Serviceberry trees are native to this area. They are growing wild on the edge of my yard. They do look much like a blueberry and are very sweet. I suspect that either the wild ones or the named landscape varieties would grow well for you.

Jerry, there is reference to your swimming exploits in the newly issued "Ameraucana Handbook".

Ralphie, the Juneberry or Serviceberry trees are native to this area. They are growing wild on the edge of my yard. They do look much like a blueberry and are very sweet. I suspect that either the wild ones or the named landscape varieties would grow well for you.
I should read it when I return . That happened in 1982 July 6-7 as I recall . We had like 5 inches of rain in 2 hours . Creek overflowed . I tried to get to the animals . It rose so fast I could not get back to the house . Water tried to sweep my feet out from under me . I took to the kids tree house . Just a platform between 3 or 4 trees . had to climb higher and stay for 2 hours or so .

Went to a wedding yesterday. The fufu kind. Very beautiful and everything was planned wonderfully from the ceremony to the reception and dance.

Finally slept last night.

Hmmmm, lets see. . . . been cleaning out my garage. Fixed a pasta salad to go with Italian sausage and lettece salad for dinner.

See? Thats my wonderful, exciting life. THAT is why I haven't post. Simply not much happening here. I enjoyed reading and catching up though.

That is so good to now, I will have to look around for some by the cabin to transplant down here. We know what ever grows in Togo is nothing but the best and strongest..... Why I have never heard of these things before? The only thing I have ever heard called Juneberries is the strawberries that bear fruit once a year.
I should read it when I return . That happened in 1982 July 6-7 as I recall . We had like 5 inches of rain in 2 hours . Creek overflowed . I tried to get to the animals . It rose so fast I could not get back to the house . Water tried to sweep my feet out from under me . I took to the kids tree house . Just a platform between 3 or 4 trees . had to climb higher and stay for 2 hours or so .

Wow.. amazing. I would bet not a fun couple hours.

Jerry the blackberry bushes are LOADED with blossoms up here. The one road ditch by work was white on the uphill side. If we get rain and heat at the right times there will be a bumper crop this year.

I just came in from working on my Anti-deer device. I need to run to Menards. I seem to have forgotten to get cross braces for the corners.

We are missing two ceramic eggs out of one "stolen" nest. I have a feeling someone (my DW or DM) picked them up thinking they were eggs. I sure hope they did not sell them to someone. The person could get a lot harder boiled egg than they wanted.

I was out watching my teenagers ( the Sports, Dominique and a few others)....I am thinking my white sport breeding program is in jeopardy. The hen appears to be trying to self identify as a male. She is getting a higher longer tail and some pointy saddle feathers have started to grow in . I am hoping this does not change my plans to hatch sports next year.

Back
Top Bottom